    if you want to count their abilites as a Firewall). Only solution I
    found to date were Lucent Bricks, which are a major PITA/POS ...

    Tnx, -garry
    Garry, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Garry wrote:
    > I may have overlooked it, but couldn't find anything about this ...

    You can read about all new functionality here:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/prod_release_note09186a00803f0f4c.html

    > Does the new 7.0 version include either support for MPLS/VRFs

    No.

    > and/or VLAN support that isn't counted towards a 10/12 interface
    > maximum as in 6.*

    Yes, the limits for the VLANs per platform were raised. You can
    check for them here:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a0080423226.html

    > Especially the VRF support would be great, as to date I have
    > not found any firewall that supported it (apart from the Cisco routers
    > if you want to count their abilites as a Firewall).

    Cisco routers can be a stateful firewall with advanced traffic
    inspection and IDS/IPS functionalities in one, VRF-aware of course.
    Do You have anything against CBAC?

    --
    this space was intentionally left blank | £ukasz Bromirski
    you can insert your favourite quote here | lukasz:bromirski,net
    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=A3ukasz_Bromirski?=, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Garry

    darren Guest

    The 6500 supports MPLS and also the FWSM and VLAN support (the FSWM is a
    PIX on a blade). You can also run virtual firewalls on the FWSM
    (additional license required). There not bad but still no multicast
    support.

    Darren

    darren, May 7, 2005