PIX 7.0.2 upgrading from 7.0.1.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AM, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. AM

    AM Guest

    I tried to upgrade Finesse 7.0.1 to 7.0.2 using ROMmon environment.
    I set up interface IP address, tftp server and filename, uploaded pix702.bin to flash:image. It rebooted and showed me
    the newer version 7.0.2. When I reloaded the PIX and I did "sh ver" it told me 7.0.1!
    It happened twice.

    I also uploaded ASDM and it correctly tells me "Hey! I'm 5.0.2"

    What was suspicios to me is that the length of the to Finesse images are the same but however they differ

    C:\>cmp pix701.bin pix702.bin
    pix701.bin pix702.bin differ: char 755, line 6

    So what happens?

    Should I erase all the flash and starting from scratch? Will the PIX, in ROMmon mode, be able to download a finesse
    image without having anything inside the flash?

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    AM, Jul 29, 2005

  2. AM