PIX 520 Boothelper

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Peter Huybrechts, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I am currently making a frankenPIX for my homelab. I have a 16MB Flash card,
    the right network cards and an intel se440bx2 motherboard.
    However, when I boot I get the following message via the serial port:

    Cisco Secure PIX Firewall BIOS (3.6)

    Booting Floppy

    It seems that it can't find a flash image. Also I get 1 long and 2 short
    beeps as error message. The technical documentation of the intel motherboard
    says : "Search for option ROMs. One long, two short beeps on checksum
    failure."

    So I want to boot it from floppy for flashing the memory with a PIX bin. I
    have the PIX OS 6.3(5) binaries but NOT the boothelper!

    Can someone give me advise or send me the corresponding boothelper binary
    image ? (I don't have a CCO account)

    Thanks,
    Peter
    Peter Huybrechts, Jun 12, 2006

  2. http://orbital.wiretapped.net/~pleb/routermonkey/

    Martin Bilgrav, Jun 12, 2006

  3. Peter Huybrechts

    jdobb2001 Guest

    Sure lets help you pirate a cisco software image using our CCO account
    so you can run an unlicensed copy. All at our risk.

    For the price of a midrange Dell PC you can by a pix 506e and play
    around with it.

    jdobb2001, Jun 13, 2006
  4. Peter Huybrechts

    Gary Guest

    jdobb2001 wrote:

    > Sure lets help you pirate a cisco software image using our CCO account
    > so you can run an unlicensed copy. All at our risk.

    He's already got the image installed on his flash card. Granted, the 520
    has been discontinued for five years but we don't know if he's had this
    system the whole time or if he bought it used. The boot helper image by
    itself is just a floppy disk that helps one troubleshoot existing and
    bootstrap newer PIX images.

    > For the price of a midrange Dell PC you can by a pix 506e and play
    > around with it.

    I've seen PIX 501 10 user license models go for as low as $200 on eBay.

    -Gary
    Gary, Jun 13, 2006