    scenario?

    Thanks,

    Zack
    Zachary Burns, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Zachary Burns

    paul blitz Guest

    As one who started on a pix using command line, and then discovering another
    pix has PDM (= Pix Device Manager = easy to use web interface!) I would
    strongly suggest you see if you can get PDM on your pix (do a search at
    cisco for "PDM")... as a pix newbie, your brain will cope a LOT better!

    paul

    "Zachary Burns" <> wrote in message
    > I'm new to the PIX scene and was looking for something basic to get me
    > started and then I can tweak the configuration. I have a 3 NIC setup in
    > which I'll have a public (outside), private (inside) lan clients
    > (192.168.1.x) , and private (dmz) servers (192.168.2.x). Eventually, I'll
    > add VPN support.
    >
    > Does somebody have a sample configuration I can look at that'll work for

    my

    paul blitz, Jun 23, 2004

  3. That's the first thing I did, but I just fell like I was still loosing
    control. Not really sure it was doing what I wanted. That's why I was
    looking for a sample to compare the output from PDM to somebody's working
    sample (just to make sure I had all my bases covered).

    Zack

    Zachary Burns, Jun 25, 2004