    Any ideas? Or is this just a defective unit that I need to get
    replaced?

    Thanks.

    James Lamanna, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Have you tried to turn it on with nothing connected to see if it still
    reboots? I had some PIX 520s that rebooted do to virus activity before
    from the internal network. A software upgrade resolved that issue.

    Regards,
    Steve
    www.networking-forum.com

    www.networking-forum.com, Dec 6, 2005

  3. James  Lamanna

    Guest

    It does this without anything connected to any of the interfaces.

    , Dec 6, 2005
  4. James  Lamanna

    Guest

    One other thing I've noticed is that sometimes it waits at:

    CISCO SYSTEMS PIX FIREWALL
    Embedded BIOS Version 4.3.207 01/02/02 16:12:22.73
    Compiled by morlee

    for a long time (~1 minute), displays the message again, waits a bit,
    and then manages to boot.

    Could this be flakey RAM possibly?

    , Dec 6, 2005