    Let me know asap becuase i am ready to order.

    Thanks
    Jason
    jsandlin0803, Nov 30, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    jsandlin0803 <> wrote:
    >I am going to be needing a firewall for my network. I will be getting
    >the PIX 515E (unless others are suggested) to handle both firewall and
    >vpn functions. It will be the Unrestricted version with at leat 4
    >ethernet ports. There will be 2 sperate networks coming into this,
    >along with a DMZ later on for a FTP server. I need to know if i can set
    >the PIX up so that a dial-in client can only access one of the
    >networks, not both, when they establish the vpn connection.

    >Let me know asap becuase i am ready to order.

    Yes. The VPN client user has to enter a group name and group password.
    Each distinct group name corresponds to a different vpngroup
    in the configuration. Each vpngroup can be configured to use
    a different ip pool for the dynamic IP given to the client.
    You can then configure your ACLs so that the different IP ranges
    for those pools have different accesses.

    >I am going to be needing a firewall for my network. I will be getting
    >the PIX 515E (unless others are suggested) to handle both firewall and
    >vpn functions. It will be the Unrestricted version with at leat 4

    The Unrestricted version is much more expensive than the Restricted,
    and depending on your other equipment and your requirements
    you might be able to handle the 4th interface via an 802.1Q vlan,
    thus allowing you to use Restricted instead of Unrestricted.

    But personally these days if I were looking to get a 515E Unrestricted
    I would have a careful look at the Cisco 55x0 Security Appliances.
    Walter Roberson, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Hi Jason,

    Currently have quantity 53 of SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Refurbished
    PIX-515E-R-BUN available with a list price of $2,692

    And quantity 37 of SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Refurbished PIX-515E-UR-BUN
    available with a list price of $5,385

    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-inventory-search.htm

    Please call Reggie Grant in Asheville, North Carolina for competitive
    pricing.

    Toll Free: 877-549-2680 or 828-277-7272

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    www.BradReese.Com, Dec 1, 2005
  4. jsandlin0803

    jsandlin0803 Guest

    Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

    I got a Cisco PIX 515E UR with 4 Ethernet ports with 3 year warranty
    for $3200.

    Thanks
    Jason
    jsandlin0803, Dec 1, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    jsandlin0803 <> wrote:
    >I got a Cisco PIX 515E UR with 4 Ethernet ports with 3 year warranty
    >for $3200.

    At that price, my -suspicion- would be that you got it used, perhaps
    from auction. If so, then unless you are in some parts of Europe,
    you do not have a proper license to use the device, and would need
    to "relicense" it from Cisco before you could put it on support
    or even get one of the free security upgrades.
    Walter Roberson, Dec 1, 2005