PIX-515e firewall password reset?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Total-Nubb, Apr 19, 2012.

  1. Total-Nubb

    Total-Nubb

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Hello, and thanks for your time. I am trying to reset my password on a used pix-515e firewall I bought online. Here are some things that I tripped up on on this guide
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

    1) How do I find the IP address of the PIX Firewall's interface?
    2) How do I find the IP address of the remote TFTP server containing the PIX password recovery file?
    3)What do I put for the gateway IP?

    This is just for a LAB, I have a router and a couple switches I am using.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    edit:
    I may have figured out my question on my own but now im stuck, i will just use this same thread...
    what I think answers my q's:
    1) this is the ip I give it via the address command
    2) ip of my computer/server

    these are the steps that I do..
    1) turn off wireless...probably not needed.
    2) goto my LAN network options and click on ipv4 options
    3) i tell it to use the ip 192.168.1.49 and click ok
    4) I run my server on the ip 192.168.1.49
    5) I connect my firewall via ETHERNET to my laptop(i also have the console serial connected)
    6) i go into my terminal and type address 192.168.1.75 ...this is the ip I want for the firewall
    7) then i type server 192.168.1.49 ...ip of my comp/server
    8.) I use the command ping 192.168.1.75 to test the connection and it says 0/5 successful ...what could I be doing wrong???

    I checked out wireshark to see what was happening and it would always say port unreachable...i am using the port 69 on my tftp server

    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Total-Nubb, Apr 19, 2012