    but I am not seeing any output, do I need to change my logging level? turn
    on terminal monitor?

    Thank You

    Christopher Marshall, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Christopher Marshall

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:13:48 -0600, Christopher Marshall wrote:

    > I have a pix 515 and I need to trouble shoot a problem with it. I am
    > trying to use the debug packet command and I entered the following debug
    > packet outside dst 1.2.3.4 both but I am not seeing any output, do I
    > need to change my logging level? turn on terminal monitor?
    >
    > Thank You

    What version of code? If 6.2+, you can use the capture command, which
    essentially turns the interface it is applied to into a packet sniffer.
    It uses libpcap, so the capture can be downloaded into ethereal, or
    viewed in summary form from the CLI.

    As for debug packet, I just tested here with logging off and term no mon
    and still got output. Are you logging in remotely or via console?

    Also, "both" might not do what you want it to (it is
    default anyway).

    Rik Bain, Jan 14, 2004