    5) only want protect from incoming connections not outgoing

    any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you
    alsgto, Jun 2, 2006

  2. alsgto

    Guest

    It appears that you are referring to vlan R as being on both sides of
    the firewall. Are you trunking vlan M and R from the 3750 to the PIX?

    alsgto wrote:
    > haven't set up this type of use for this firewall before. Here goes
    > what I need it to do.
    > 1) I assume I will have to trunk a port to the firewall to allow the
    > vlan (M) and vlan (R) to go through the firewall
    > 2) i give the outside interface a static ip out of the vlan (R) range
    > 3) inside interface is going to a 3750 this will have a static ip out
    > of vlan (M). The 3750 will be allowing only vlan (R) on it.
    > 4) will i need to put a static ip from vlan (M) on it the inside
    > interface or can i just pass the traffic through.
    > 5) only want protect from incoming connections not outgoing
    >
    > any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you
    , Jun 2, 2006

  3. alsgto

    alsgto Guest

    Basically i have a port on a 4006 with a static address of
    xxx.xx.198.150 (this belongs to the vlan (R) on the outside interface
    of the pix. The inside interface is set to dhcp private addressing
    which i would like to know if it would be possible to keep the same
    addressing from vlan (R) going to the inside interface which is
    connected to the 3750 with a address of xxx.xx.22.173 (this belongs to
    vlan (M). All the ports on the 3750 will be in vlan (R) addressing. I
    would like to be able to manage the 3750 and get into to make any
    changes remotely. Don't want to use private addressing at all. This is
    what they want. Want to keep the same addressing of what they have
    currently. Thank You for your help.

    alsgto, Jun 2, 2006