    than using the entire link. VPN is 3-DES.

    THanks
    Dak991

    dak991, Dec 4, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    dak991 <> wrote:
    :I am using a PIX 506e with an easyvpn tunnel. It is using 7mb of my
    :ISP connection. Is there a way the I can restrict this VPN tunnel to
    :a certain speed?

    Sorry, No. No released version of PIX has any bandwidth management
    capabilities of any kind.

    : I would like to make it a 4mbps connection rather
    :than using the entire link. VPN is 3-DES.

    Swap in a PIX 501 instead ;-) The 501 does the encryption in hardware
    and has a peek 3DES encryption speed of 3 megabits/second (4.5 megabits
    per second for AES-128.)
    --
    "The human genome is powerless in the face of chocolate."
    -- Dr. Adam Drewnowski

    Walter Roberson, Dec 4, 2004