Pix 506E Remote VPN Configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dylan2820, Sep 7, 2006.

  1. Dylan2820

    Dylan2820

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hello,

    I'm the IT administrator for a small company. Currently the network is configured in this way:
    Internet-->modem router-->pix firewall-->3com switch-->linksys wireless router-->pcs running XP.
    -->server running windows server 2003

    I'm not a network whiz, I know just enough to wreak havoc on the network but not enough to troubleshoot it, basically there is no explicit configurations on the routers and switch and everything is controlled by the pix. Changing anything on one of the routers would cause pix to lockdown the internet. All I can say about that firewall is that if it was a woman and married to me...I would have a shovel and shotgun ready. But let's leave that for another time.

    Here's the problem:
    I used SDM to configure the pix as a VPN Server for remote access with Cisco VPN Client, it was fairly easy to get the VPN connected but then came the problem. The first time through I managed to get the remote laptop to log in the domain but then the mapped drives were missing and I couldn't find other computers. I've read up on previous threads on WINS and DNS so I think I got the IP right.

    The vpn pool is 192.168.0.100-110 so I tried configuring split tunneling for those IPs. Now I can't even log on to the domain.

    I know it's short but I would appreciate it if someone could give me a general opinion on what I should look for to troubleshoot.

    Thank You
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
    Dylan2820, Sep 7, 2006