    external AC/DC converter?

    thanks...

    , Aug 25, 2006

  2. writes:
    >Are there any 3rd parties that make mounting brackets for the 506e? Is
    >yes, would this hypothetical bracket include a handy spot for the
    >external AC/DC converter?

    Any number of 3rd party rack-mount small shelves or trays should work.

    But you'll probably get sticker stock for what they usually go for.

    I personally, have only had a couple people spring money for trays
    for any of the numerous small firewalls I've installed (ie. NS 5GTs,
    or FortiGate 50As). I don't normally do 506e's, but the ones I've seen
    out in the field and datacenters are usually just sitting ontop of one
    of the machines in the rack.

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 26, 2006

  3. Cisco PIX 506/506E Firewall Quick Start Guide:

    PDF Page 4

    Step 1

    Place the chassis on a flat, stable surface. The chassis is not rack
    mountable.

    http://www.cisco.com/application/pd...ps2030/c1616/ccmigration_09186a00801ee874.pdf

    However, keep in mind that Cisco Repair will have a custom rack mount
    kit for the Cisco PIX 506E available for delivery starting the last
    week of September, 2006.

    This Cisco PIX 506E custom rack mount kit is designed to mount your
    Cisco PIX 506E in the center of a 1.25U space in your rack.

    Furthermore, the Cisco PIX 506E custom rack mount kit includes a space
    for the power supply so it will no longer be flopping around loose in
    your rack.

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
    http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

    www.BradReese.Com, Aug 26, 2006