PIX 506e FireWall and Cisco VPNClient 4.6

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by toureg69@yahoo.com, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. Guest

    All,

    I am a newbie to the PIX firewalls. Currently now the PIX is just
    allowing Internet access.

    We have users that would like to work remotely. I was thinking about
    doing a VPN from the firewall to their remote desktops using the Cisco
    VPN Cleint software.

    Our setup is veyr simple:

    Remote PC -> Cable Modem --> Internet --> Office ISP Managed Router ->
    PIX 506 -> Internal Network

    I have been looking on the Cisco site and have not found a document
    that can just simply tell me how to do it. It shouldn't be that
    difficult either. But I guess difficult enough for my lack of
    skillset.

    Any information on how to configure the PIX and VPNClient pc would be
    helpful

    Thank you in advanced.
    , Apr 3, 2005

  2. BradReeseCom Guest

    BradReeseCom, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks Brad for your help. I am reviewing the links now. The first
    link, I do not know how to use that. Do you know how to use it?

    The second link I am trying to find document which best suits my issue.
    I will keep you informed of how it goes.

    Thanks again!

    , Apr 4, 2005
  4. Guest

    Hello Brad,

    I tried the configuration within the document for a PIX-VPN3000 setup.
    I was able to connect via the VPN Client to the PIX. The client
    received an IP address. But I was not able to access any internal
    resources. :-((

    Two questions:

    1..One of the commands was to setup an access-list to allow NAT-ing for
    the internal network.

    Why do I need this for?

    2. What else should I look at to get access to my internal resources,
    such as Email and File&Print shares.?

    Any information would be appreciated.

    Thanks!
    , Apr 5, 2005