    keys, for instance?

    Thanks.

    John
    John, Nov 16, 2005

  2. John

    Chris Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:S%Ief.235$...
    >I have 2 PIX 506's that are currently running v6.2(2) and I want to upgrade
    >them to v6.3(5). We have a Pix-Pix VPN established. Besides making a backup
    >of the configs, and having a backup copy of the OS, am I going to run into
    >any problems doing this? Will I need new encryption keys, for instance?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John

    It should work just fine. I've just upgraded a Pix 506 from 6.3 (4) to
    6.3(5) and that has a number of VPN's configured. Upgrade > reboot > all
    good!

    Chris.
    Chris, Nov 16, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have 2 PIX 506's that are currently running v6.2(2) and I want to upgrade
    >>them to v6.3(5). We have a Pix-Pix VPN established. Besides making a backup
    >>of the configs, and having a backup copy of the OS, am I going to run into
    >>any problems doing this? Will I need new encryption keys, for instance?
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>John

    > It should work just fine. I've just upgraded a Pix 506 from 6.3 (4) to
    > 6.3(5) and that has a number of VPN's configured. Upgrade > reboot > all
    > good!
    >
    > Chris.

    Thanks. I'm going to be doing this over the weekend, and just wanted
    confirmation that it was *supposed to be* that simple. :)

    John
    John, Nov 16, 2005
  4. John

    Brian V Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Chris wrote:
    >> "John" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have 2 PIX 506's that are currently running v6.2(2) and I want to
    >>>upgrade them to v6.3(5). We have a Pix-Pix VPN established. Besides
    >>>making a backup of the configs, and having a backup copy of the OS, am I
    >>>going to run into any problems doing this? Will I need new encryption
    >>>keys, for instance?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>John

    >> It should work just fine. I've just upgraded a Pix 506 from 6.3 (4) to
    >> 6.3(5) and that has a number of VPN's configured. Upgrade > reboot > all
    >> good!
    >>
    >> Chris.
    >>

    > Thanks. I'm going to be doing this over the weekend, and just wanted
    > confirmation that it was *supposed to be* that simple. :)
    >
    > John

    Make sure you enable ssh on the outside interfaces incase the vpn does go
    down so you can fix it. Also, make sure you do a write net for the
    configs...not just copy and paste from your telnet sesion. When you wr net
    you get all the VPN keys in clear text as opposed to the ****
    Brian V, Nov 17, 2005
  5. John

    ESM Guest

    I've upgraded at least 50 PIX 501's and 506's combined from various 6.2 ->
    6.3 versions and 6.3.x to new 6.3.x versions, it's always the same thing
    over and over again, just flash and reload. Never had one fail.

    ESM, Nov 18, 2005