    1:00:00

    thanks
    , Jan 30, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I have a PIX 501 on a site to site connection. The home office site
    >(VPN3000) was restarted during a power failure. The PIX 501 did not
    >reconnect in a timely fashion. Do I need to change the timeout conn
    >setting or is this an issue where I need to configur dead peer
    >detection? Timeout settings are as follows:

    You could fiddle with your isakmp keepalive, but unless you
    changed it before, I suspect it would not solve your problem.
    Changing your isakmp identity between address and hostname might
    improve the situation, though. (The key word there is 'improve';
    I've known it to take more than 10 minutes even with everything
    configured properly.)
    Walter Roberson, Jan 31, 2007