Pix 501 Vpn client question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kubrik, May 24, 2006.

  1. Kubrik

    Kubrik Guest

    Hi all,

    i've a pix 501 working as vpn server.
    I can connect with vpn XP client connection (pptp).
    Authentication is done via RADIUS.
    Vpn clients get an ip from vpnpool2 pool when connected.

    I wish to specify the ip address client side, but if a specify ip in
    the tcp/ip properties of the xp connection, i get a 735 error from
    server (pix).

    How can i, also, configure the pix to accept the client ip address
    instead getting it from the pool??

    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP accept dialin pptp
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp authentication pap
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp authentication chap
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp authentication mschap
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP ppp encryption mppe auto
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client configuration address local vpnpool2
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client configuration dns 192.168.5.5
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client authentication aaa vpnauth
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client accounting vpnauth
    vpdn group PPTP-VPDN-GROUP pptp echo 60

    where vpnpool2
    ip local pool vpnpool2 192.168.4.201-192.168.4.250

    Thanks in advance for any help...
    Kubrik, May 24, 2006

  2. Kubrik

    Kubrik Guest

    Is it impossible?
    any help appreciated...thanks.
    Kubrik, May 25, 2006

  3. Kubrik

    Vikas Guest

    I think this is not possible because the command 'vpdn group
    PPTP-VPDN-GROUP client configuration address local vpnpool2 ' does not
    give the flexibility.

    However, you can try one thing. Delete this command from the
    configuration and try setting up the IP addresses on the RADIUS.
    You can not connect with an IP address configured in the PPTP client in
    XP.

    -Vikas
    Vikas, May 26, 2006