    sample config for the PIX?

    Thank you very much for your help in advance!!

    , Jan 3, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I am new to Cisco PIX firewalls and I am trying to use the PDM to
    >configure the PIX 501.

    >I log to the PIX via a browser (have tried multiple IE, Firefox, Opera)
    >https://192.168.1.1/startup.html I log on the PIX and the browser says
    >it is loading the java app but I get a java error:

    >exeception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
    >(java.net.SocketPermission 192.168.1.1:443 connect,resolve)

    >Any suggestions?

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Firewalls/Q_21618853.html

    summary: you are encountering a problem with your Java.
    A couple of possible solutions are given there.

    Another site hints that upgrading to pdm 3.0.3 will help.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Kirk Goins Guest

    Been There, Done That...

    Your PC's Java JDK is too high for the version of PDM installed on the
    PIX. You need to upgrade the PIX to the latest version of PDM from Cisco.

    Kirk Goins, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Guest

    Walter,

    Thank you for your hints regarding PDM and Java. Unfortunately I still
    have not been able to log into the PDM.

    Did a bit more research and have found that this problem is sorted out
    with the new PDM update, i.e. 3.0.3.

    I have also spoken to Cisco Tech Support and I will have to purchase
    the update. This really isn't very good is it?!

    Does anyone have the latest version of PDM that could share it with me?

    , Jan 3, 2006
  5. MyndPhlyp Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to Cisco PIX firewalls and I am trying to use the PDM to
    > configure the PIX 501.
    >
    > I log to the PIX via a browser (have tried multiple IE, Firefox, Opera)
    > https://192.168.1.1/startup.html I log on the PIX and the browser says
    > it is loading the java app but I get a java error:
    >
    > exeception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
    > (java.net.SocketPermission 192.168.1.1:443 connect,resolve)
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    PDM v3.0 and the newer Java runtimes are not compatible. The release notes
    for PDM v3.0 indicate only up to Java v1.4.2_03 is supported. The workaround
    is to DOWNGRADE the Java runtime.

    UNINSTALL the newer Java runtime before installing the downgrade.

    Here's a couple of links to help you out.

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pdm/v_30/rel_nts/pdmrn302.htm

    http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_03/index.html

    MyndPhlyp, Jan 3, 2006
  6. CONFIRM!!!!!

    Been there, done that.....still there actually!

    JD

    Julian Dragut, Jan 4, 2006
  7. MyndPhlyp Guest

    "Julian Dragut" <> wrote in message
    > CONFIRM!!!!!
    >
    > Been there, done that.....still there actually!
    >
    > JD

    As for me, I got rid of the Sun Java JRE on one Win2K system entirely and
    went back to M$'s crippled version just to support PDM. If I need a newer
    version of the JRE I just use my other machines. But the information I
    provided was provided to me by Cisco some time back with respect to PDM
    3.0(4). I don't recall if I bothered to try JRE 1.4.2.

    MyndPhlyp, Jan 4, 2006
  8. only1cnoli

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I have found that JRE 6 update 11 will allow the PDM to function correctly and update 12 or 13 breaks the PDM.

    The error message returned from the PDM launcher with update 12 is "Exception: Java.Lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: No such child: 0."

    This is using a pix 501 with PDM version 3.0(4) and PIX version 6.3(5)

    only1cnoli, Apr 2, 2009