    incompletely? Shouldn't the local IP address (192.168.1.X) be "invisible"
    to the outside world?

    Thanks, Lou

    Lou, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Lou

    Paul Cocker Guest

    I would have thought it's getting this info from Internet Explorer.

    Paul Cocker, Dec 3, 2004

  3. In article <MvPrd.1985$>,
    Lou <> wrote:
    :I have a PIX 501 between my LAN and a cable modem. My ISP provides one
    :public dynamic IP address. The PIX uses PAT for address translation. When
    :I go to auditmypc.com and perform a firewall test, the web site indicates
    :both my public and local IP addresses. Is my PIX configured improperly or
    :incompletely? Shouldn't the local IP address (192.168.1.X) be "invisible"
    :to the outside world?

    Doing some digging, the site appears to request that a cookie be set
    to the your IP address. Your browser knows the IP address by its local
    value, so it's the local value that gets put into the cookie. The cookie
    then gets transmitted to the site and their end reads it off.
    --
    Before responding, take into account the possibility that the Universe
    was created just an instant ago, and that you have not actually read

    Walter Roberson, Dec 3, 2004
  4. Lou

    Lou Guest

    Thanks Paul & Walter for the helpful replies!

    Lou

    Lou, Dec 4, 2004