    based on PPPOE. I would like to know if PIX501 support which (fixed IP
    or dynamic IP over PPPOE)? Most of the vendors in Hong Kong couldn't
    ask this question. So I look for an answer here.
    hu, Jan 5, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    hu <> wrote:
    :I would like to use PIX501 to connecting my friend's office to
    :Internet using netvigator@work service proivded by PCCW in Hong Kong.
    :This service provides either one fixed IP or dynamic IP which are
    :based on PPPOE. I would like to know if PIX501 support which (fixed IP
    :eek:r dynamic IP over PPPOE)? Most of the vendors in Hong Kong couldn't
    :ask this question. So I look for an answer here.

    The PIX 501 with current software support both PPPoE and
    outside DHCP.
    Walter Roberson, Jan 5, 2004

  3. hu

    hdu Guest

    even dynamic IP ?

    "Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:btatsu$kbr$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    hdu, Jan 6, 2004
  4. In article <>, hdu <> top-posted:
    :"Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> ¦b¶l¥ó
    :news:btatsu$kbr$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    :> The PIX 501 with current software support both PPPoE and
    :> outside DHCP.

    :even dynamic IP ?

    Yes. Though someone did mention a couple of weeks ago that
    there is a problem if you have the pptp fixup active and
    the IP address changes (e.g., because the lease expired.)
    --
    Preposterous!! Where would all the calculators go?!
    Walter Roberson, Jan 6, 2004