    this license from a remote location?
    also, any issues i need to worry about?
    thanks in advance

    ants, Feb 15, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    ants <> wrote:
    :just ordered a 50 user license upgrade for a pix501 - electronic
    :license to be emailed to me.
    :I'm not in the office tom and would like to know whether I can apply
    :this license from a remote location?

    Likely not a problem.

    The PIX 501 was first introduced with PIX 6.1(1),
    and if you have one of the PIX 6.1(*) series then you can only put
    in the new key by loading in the OS (after which it will prompt for
    a key.) If you have PIX 6.2 or later then there is a specific command
    to allow you to put in the new key, the 'activation-key' command.
    It is safe to change the activation key while the system is running.
    --
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub null} little, Aleph sub {Aleph sub one} little,
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub two} little infinities...

    Walter Roberson, Feb 15, 2005