    Any information as to how this can be done (assuming it is possible)
    would be greatly appreciated.

    , Oct 19, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I have recently setup a PIX 501.
    >I'm not sure if what I want to do can be accomplished, but here is what
    >I am trying to do.

    >When I connect to the VPN, I have full access to everything on my
    >network;

    If I understand correctly, you mean when you connect via the VPN
    from outside of the PIX to the network protected by the PIX

    >however I use a picky SMTP server which only accepts
    >connections from inside my network (although it is a public server).

    >So basically I would like to be able to send traffic to the SMTP server
    >over the VPN connection.
    >If I turn on the split-tunnel the traffic doesn't go over the VPN. If
    >I turn the split-tunnel off, I still can't get to the SMTP server.

    >Any information as to how this can be done (assuming it is possible)
    >would be greatly appreciated.

    It isn't possible with the PIX 501. I suggest that you set one
    of the machines in the protected network to be a proxy server and
    send your email through the proxy.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Brian V Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have recently setup a PIX 501.
    > I'm not sure if what I want to do can be accomplished, but here is what
    > I am trying to do.
    >
    > When I connect to the VPN, I have full access to everything on my
    > network; however I use a picky SMTP server which only accepts
    > connections from inside my network (although it is a public server).
    >
    > So basically I would like to be able to send traffic to the SMTP server
    > over the VPN connection.
    > If I turn on the split-tunnel the traffic doesn't go over the VPN. If
    > I turn the split-tunnel off, I still can't get to the SMTP server.
    >
    > Any information as to how this can be done (assuming it is possible)
    > would be greatly appreciated.

    You can't change the SMTP server to allow connections from the VPN subnet?

    Brian V, Oct 19, 2006