    is there anyway to do more troubleshoot? and get this to work?

    Thanks for any help.
    Rob

    Rob, Jul 23, 2009

  2. Rob

    Guest

    On Jul 23, 11:15 am, "Rob" <> wrote:
    > I am having problem with my 501 DHCP server. that PIX box responsible to
    > provide IP addresses for wireless clients via a wireless AP and a
    > controller.
    >
    > dhcpd address 1.0.0.20-1.0.0.35 inside
    > dhcpd lease 3600
    > dhcpd ping_timeout 750
    > dhcpd auto_config outside
    > dhcpd enable inside
    >
    > if I use a Windows DHCP server and add DHCP Vendor Classes option it would
    > work fine.
    >
    > I couldnt find similar option for PIX, is there any?
    > is there anyway to do more troubleshoot? and get this to work?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Rob

    I have used ASA dhcp server option in conjunction with a WLAN
    controller. Is the "inside" interface referenced in your
    configuration in the same vlan as layer 2 dhcp requests will originate
    from Wireless users, else the DHCP server will never see the request
    for IP address. There are possiblities for forwarding these protocols
    from one vlan to another using ip helper-address commands.

    Regards

    , Jul 23, 2009

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    yes, they are in the same vlan.
    Any thought?

    Rob, Jul 24, 2009
  4. Rob

    Guest

    On Jul 24, 8:22 am, "Rob" <> wrote:
    > yes, they are in the same vlan.
    > Any thought?<> wrote in message

    > On Jul 23, 11:15 am, "Rob" <> wrote:
    >

    > > I am having problem with my 501 DHCP server. that PIX box responsible to
    > > provide IP addresses for wireless clients via a wireless AP and a
    > > controller.

    > > dhcpd address 1.0.0.20-1.0.0.35 inside
    > > dhcpd lease 3600
    > > dhcpd ping_timeout 750
    > > dhcpd auto_config outside
    > > dhcpd enable inside

    > > if I use a Windows DHCP server and add DHCP Vendor Classes option it would
    > > work fine.

    > > I couldnt find similar option for PIX, is there any?
    > > is there anyway to do more troubleshoot? and get this to work?

    > > Thanks for any help.
    > > Rob

    > I have used ASA dhcp server option in conjunction with a WLAN
    > controller.  Is the "inside" interface referenced in your
    > configuration in the same vlan as layer 2 dhcp requests will originate
    > from Wireless users, else the DHCP server will never see the request
    > for IP address.  There are possiblities for forwarding these protocols
    > from one vlan to another using ip helper-address commands.
    >
    > Regards

    What are your WLAN security settings? I would start by looking at
    logs on your wireless LAN controller and WLAN security settings and
    your client PC wireless settings, perhaps you are not matched and you
    are not getting an IP address for that reason.

    Is your "inside" network intended to be wireless LAN only? Do you
    have any regular wired lan infrastructure behind the PIX inside
    interface?

    I am not sure about your security objectives or the bigger network
    picture here, but generally I would not recommend combining wireless
    LAN clients and LAN clients in the same network user VLAN.

    , Jul 24, 2009
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    we dont have any security and no wireed LAN/computer connected to inside, it
    is for public usage with no additional security.

    Rob, Jul 29, 2009