    Any ideas anyone or is it a duffer?

    Regards

    Alastair

    Al, Jun 3, 2008

  2. Al

    Iain Guest

    Al wrote:
    > Any experts on this model here?
    >
    > I have one that registers to a WLAN no problem at all whether it be
    > Open/WEP/WPA with ease
    > It has been tested on several different WLANS all with same result.
    >
    > No VoIP Unregistered, VoIP Registered or W under the WLAN signal strength
    > meter on right sidebar.
    > SIP Status also shows no valid SIP logon.
    > Several different SIP accounts have been tried with various providers.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone or is it a duffer?

    Sounds to me as if it is something wrong with how the NAT traversal is
    set up. What are you using?

    Iain, Jun 3, 2008

  3. Al

    Al Guest

    "Iain" <> wrote in message
    > Al wrote:
    >> Any experts on this model here?
    >>
    >> I have one that registers to a WLAN no problem at all whether it be
    >> Open/WEP/WPA with ease
    >> It has been tested on several different WLANS all with same result.
    >>
    >> No VoIP Unregistered, VoIP Registered or W under the WLAN signal strength
    >> meter on right sidebar.
    >> SIP Status also shows no valid SIP logon.
    >> Several different SIP accounts have been tried with various providers.
    >>
    >> Any ideas anyone or is it a duffer?

    > Sounds to me as if it is something wrong with how the NAT traversal is set
    > up. What are you using?

    Thanks for input.

    That was my first thought but wouldn't account foir the fact that another
    handset of a friends works fine and this one doesn't show VoIP Unregistered

    Has been tried on a few setups just in case.

    Alastair

    Al, Jun 3, 2008
  4. Al

    cybuerke Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in message
    > No VoIP Unregistered, VoIP Registered or W under the WLAN signal strength
    > meter on right sidebar.
    > SIP Status also shows no valid SIP logon.
    > Several different SIP accounts have been tried with various providers.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone or is it a duffer?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Alastair

    Assuming that you have a WLAN option ticked in your Preferred network? You
    say there is a signal meter, but no 'W' ?

    You wouldn't have missed out one of the Sip settings perhaps?

    I have mine logged in to Voxalot, and just to run through the settings:

    Username: xxxxxxx
    Password: password
    Auth name: xxxxxx
    Display Name: Joe Bloggs III
    Domain name: eu.voxalot.com
    Local port: 5062
    Proxy server: eu.voxalot.com
    Proxy port: 5060
    Register server: eu.voxalot.com
    Register port: 5060
    Register period:3600
    Outbound server: eu.voxalot.com
    Outbound port: 5060
    RTP audio port: 9000
    RTP packet period: 20
    Preferred codec: G711u

    Apologies if this appears a little like 'Janet and John go Shopping with
    Mummy' but I've found it's nearly always something bum kickingly simple
    that's been overlooked.

    cybuerke, Jun 3, 2008
  5. Al

    Al Guest

    "cybuerke" <> wrote in message

    > "Al" <> wrote in message
    >> No VoIP Unregistered, VoIP Registered or W under the WLAN signal strength
    >> meter on right sidebar.
    >> SIP Status also shows no valid SIP logon.
    >> Several different SIP accounts have been tried with various providers.
    >>
    >> Any ideas anyone or is it a duffer?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Alastair

    > Assuming that you have a WLAN option ticked in your Preferred network? You
    > say there is a signal meter, but no 'W' ?
    >
    > You wouldn't have missed out one of the Sip settings perhaps?
    >
    > I have mine logged in to Voxalot, and just to run through the settings:
    >
    > Username: xxxxxxx
    > Password: password
    > Auth name: xxxxxx
    > Display Name: Joe Bloggs III
    > Domain name: eu.voxalot.com
    > Local port: 5062
    > Proxy server: eu.voxalot.com
    > Proxy port: 5060
    > Register server: eu.voxalot.com
    > Register port: 5060
    > Register period:3600
    > Outbound server: eu.voxalot.com
    > Outbound port: 5060
    > RTP audio port: 9000
    > RTP packet period: 20
    > Preferred codec: G711u
    >
    > Apologies if this appears a little like 'Janet and John go Shopping with
    > Mummy' but I've found it's nearly always something bum kickingly simple
    > that's been overlooked.

    No worries about the Janet & John lol.
    I have written enough myself for people and the thought is appreciated.

    I have run througfh the checklists but I have tried it with 3 alternate
    ITSP's and a Welltech 6200GS SIP IPPBX
    Alos we have have another one of a neighbours running fine on all settings
    and config.
    Seems I do have a duffer and have applied for an RMA form from seller.

    I have no NAT traversal problems locally as the WAN/LAN is opened up as SIP
    aware.

    Slightly baffled as to why he VoIP Unregistered doesn't appear and think
    that is the giveaway that all is not well.

    Al, Jun 3, 2008
  6. Al

    News Reader Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in message
    > Any experts on this model here?
    >
    > I have one that registers to a WLAN no problem at all whether it be
    > Open/WEP/WPA with ease
    > It has been tested on several different WLANS all with same result.
    >
    > No VoIP Unregistered, VoIP Registered or W under the WLAN signal strength
    > meter on right sidebar.
    > SIP Status also shows no valid SIP logon.
    > Several different SIP accounts have been tried with various providers.
    >
    > Any ideas anyone or is it a duffer?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Alastair

    Hi,

    If you have done the modular swap out fault testing (i.e. tried another
    known good unit and that works in the same network [as the sole operating
    unit] and your other unit [the handset in question] does not work whilst
    confirmed identically configured) = yes! - lol - no surprise here - it is
    faulty :) lol.

    Very unlikely to be anything you can do to get it running - and as a "new"
    item purchase it should be replaced free of charge rather than your having
    to potentially at best settle for a unit that you have managed to somehow
    coax into life (e.g. firmware flash or factory reset and reconfigure, etc.).

    Short version = (assuming / if [and it sounds like you have]) you have
    tested and proven the unit faulty; send it back and get them to send you a
    working / correct unit :) .

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Jun 3, 2008
  7. Al

    Iain Guest

    Al wrote:

    > That was my first thought but wouldn't account foir the fact that another
    > handset of a friends works fine and this one doesn't show VoIP Unregistered

    I'd not bet on it. There are loads of SIP settings. Only one has to be
    wrong...

    Iain, Jun 4, 2008
  8. Al

    Al Guest

    "News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > "Al" <> wrote in message
    >> Any experts on this model here?
    >>
    >> I have one that registers to a WLAN no problem at all whether it be
    >> Open/WEP/WPA with ease
    >> It has been tested on several different WLANS all with same result.
    >>
    >> No VoIP Unregistered, VoIP Registered or W under the WLAN signal strength
    >> meter on right sidebar.
    >> SIP Status also shows no valid SIP logon.
    >> Several different SIP accounts have been tried with various providers.
    >>
    >> Any ideas anyone or is it a duffer?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Alastair
    >>

    > Hi,
    >

    > If you have done the modular swap out fault testing (i.e. tried another
    > known good unit and that works in the same network [as the sole operating
    > unit] and your other unit [the handset in question] does not work whilst
    > confirmed identically configured) = yes! - lol - no surprise here - it is
    > faulty :) lol.
    >
    > Very unlikely to be anything you can do to get it running - and as a "new"
    > item purchase it should be replaced free of charge rather than your having
    > to potentially at best settle for a unit that you have managed to somehow
    > coax into life (e.g. firmware flash or factory reset and reconfigure,
    > etc.).
    >
    > Short version = (assuming / if [and it sounds like you have]) you have
    > tested and proven the unit faulty; send it back and get them to send you a
    > working / correct unit :) .
    >

    > Best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    Yes I have take logical steps.
    I have done all but re flash unit and I am not going to do that on this.
    Will send it back.

    Thanks to all who contributed to this.

    Alastair

    Al, Jun 4, 2008