    Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
    She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of photo.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 29, 2008

  2. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On 30 May, 00:11, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
    > She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of photo.

    The only way I know of is a change of to a personalised firmware -
    which can be dodgy - you could end up with a 60 quid paperweight if
    done wrong! I'll include some details in the mini site I'm doing for
    this phone. It'll take me a while yet.....
    , May 30, 2008

  3. Ivor Jones

    cybuerke Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 30 May, 00:11, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
    >> She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of
    >> photo.

    > The only way I know of is a change of to a personalised firmware -
    > which can be dodgy - you could end up with a 60 quid paperweight if
    > done wrong! I'll include some details in the mini site I'm doing for
    > this phone. It'll take me a while yet.....

    Not wishing to hijack the thread.... BUT...

    While you're there, Paul. I've invested in a SIM card for my beasty from
    o2, but I'm having a right old frenzy trying to configure it for GPRS. (Not
    that I'd ever consider using it for browsing or email, but yer never know
    when it might come in handy, do yer?) The browser doesn't tell me to bog
    off straight away - it does do its best to connect, but it stalls after a
    couple of minutes. O2 support bless 'em, suck in their breath but are very
    apologetic when they tell me that they don't support that machine and
    regretfully ask me to depart with it to the nearest skip and buy an i-phone
    instead. (Not really - just kidding, Ron.)
    cybuerke, May 30, 2008
  4. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On Thu, 29 May 2008 23:11:14 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >Anyone know if it's possible to change the startup image on this phone..?
    >She's a nice enough girl to look at but I'd rather my own choice of photo.

    I have a very nice start up image on my mobile a nicer girl you could
    not wish to meet and better looking than any human of any gender she
    is a Great Dane .
    Is there no way of importing images from desktop or downloading from
    the net Ivor ? I didn't check out the Tivo the other day once I saw
    the 0871 number mentioned I could not get the thing out of the house
    quick enough :)))))) .I must say Tesco are very good the cash was
    back in my account today .
    , May 30, 2008
  5. Ivor Jones

    Guest

    On May 30, 10:42 am, "cybuerke" <> wrote:
    > I've invested in a SIM card for my beasty from
    > o2, but I'm having a right old frenzy trying to configure it for GPRS.  (Not
    > that I'd ever consider using it for browsing or email, but yer never know
    > when it might come in handy, do yer?)  The browser doesn't tell me to bog
    > off straight away - it does do its best to connect, but it stalls after a
    > couple of minutes.  O2 support bless 'em, suck in their breath but are very
    > apologetic when they tell me that they don't support that machine and
    > regretfully ask me to depart with it to the nearest skip and buy an i-phone
    > instead.  (Not really - just kidding, Ron.)

    I've not tried it for GPRS. The only time I tried browsing was thru'
    my wifi connection rather than thu' the GSM connection and, whilst it
    worked OKish, it was pretty dire on such a small screen....
    , May 30, 2008
  6. Ivor Jones

    cybuerke Guest

    <> wrote in message
    The only time I tried browsing was thru'
    my wifi connection rather than thu' the GSM connection and, whilst it
    worked OKish, it was pretty dire on such a small screen....

    ******

    Yes. Rather like walking over hot coals for a bet - OK for impressing the
    troops, but not something you'd want to do on a regular basis.

    Thanks Ivor, please have your thread back. Have you managed to see off
    Pirelli Patsy yet?

    One of these might suit you
    <http://www.pirellical.com/thecal/home.html?utm_source=Pirelli.com&utm_medium=splash>
    cybuerke, May 30, 2008
  7. Ivor Jones

    Iain Guest

    wrote:

    > whilst it
    > worked OKish, it was pretty dire on such a small screen....

    Try going via google search: that way you get a page reformatted for the
    phone.
    Iain, Jun 2, 2008