    need one? I've not found it listed anywhere except as part of the
    accessory kit at sipgate.co.uk, which makes it extremely expensive.

    Dave

    Dave Higton, May 10, 2009

  2. Dave Higton

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:,
    Dave Higton <> typed, for some strange,
    unexplained reason:
    : Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?
    :
    : How much standby time are you getting? I'm getting about 14 hours
    : on a full charge. The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
    : is very weak.
    :
    : Anyone know where to get a replacement battery, if it turns out I
    : need one? I've not found it listed anywhere except as part of the
    : accessory kit at sipgate.co.uk, which makes it extremely expensive.
    :
    : Dave

    I've got a complete phone you can have if you want it, biggest heap of
    junk I've bought in years, worked ok for a month and then the display
    died, suppose I should have sent it back under warranty but couldn't be
    arsed.

    Contact me off group if you're interested, ivor at despammed dot com.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 11, 2009

  3. Dave Higton

    davehigton Guest

    On 11 May, 15:16, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > Innews:,
    > Dave Higton <> typed, for some strange,
    > unexplained reason:
    > : Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?
    > :
    > : How much standby time are you getting?  I'm getting about 14 hours
    > : on a full charge.  The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
    > : is very weak.
    > :
    > : Anyone know where to get a replacement battery, if it turns out I
    > : need one?  I've not found it listed anywhere except as part of the
    > : accessory kit at sipgate.co.uk, which makes it extremely expensive.
    > :
    > : Dave
    >
    > I've got a complete phone you can have if you want it, biggest heap of
    > junk I've bought in years, worked ok for a month and then the display
    > died, suppose I should have sent it back under warranty but couldn't be
    > arsed.
    >
    > Contact me off group if you're interested, ivor at despammed dot com.

    (replied by priv-mail)

    Dave

    davehigton, May 13, 2009
  4. Dave Higton

    David Knell Guest

    On May 10, 9:02 pm, Dave Higton <> wrote:
    > Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?
    >
    > How much standby time are you getting?  I'm getting about 14 hours
    > on a full charge.  The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
    > is very weak.

    3 days(ish), but then it's just got a wooden floor between it and the
    router most of the time. Not a bad SIP/WiFi phone - pity they muddied
    the waters by adding the GSM stuff.

    --Dave

    David Knell, May 13, 2009
  5. Dave Higton

    Dave Higton Guest

    In message <>
    David Knell <> wrote:

    > On May 10, 9:02 pm, Dave Higton <> wrote:
    > > Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?
    > >
    > > How much standby time are you getting?  I'm getting about 14 hours
    > > on a full charge.  The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
    > > is very weak.

    > 3 days(ish), but then it's just got a wooden floor between it and the
    > router most of the time. Not a bad SIP/WiFi phone - pity they muddied
    > the waters by adding the GSM stuff.

    Does yours always register with the SIP service provider OK? Mine
    often complains it can't do the DNS lookup. Other times it gets
    its external SIP address but not its RTP address - how bizarre is
    that? I've also found a clear bug in the software when attempting
    to use a non-standard port number.

    However, it's a fun little toy when it works. I use it far more
    on GSM than VoIP, though.

    Dave

    Dave Higton, May 13, 2009