    software. However, all I ever hear or read about is companies and
    individuals being audited for what they may or may not have. How does this
    do any of us any good?! Any other insight on this? TIA

    techshare, Apr 14, 2004

  2. techshare

    techshare Guest

    Good point. However, the point of my message is that the methods and
    "targets" of the SPA seem to be misdirected. As far as I know, they could
    care less if you go out and sell 100 bootleg copies of XP. However, if you
    happen to use one of them on your own machine ... they'll be ready to bust
    ya. Where do they come up with this strategy?! At any rate, it's unfair and
    ineffective.
    "Navin R. Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:43:02 -0400, "techshare" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Yeah, back to this again :)
    > >
    > >Question for everyone ... Does the SPA (or other similar org) care about

    the
    > >real crooks pirating software?! I ask because it seems they only care to

    go
    > >out and audit people using (or in most cases not using) pirated software.
    > >They seem to only care about mere possession and much less about people
    > >selling the stuff. I believe it is clear that the sale of pirated

    software
    > >is the biggest problem and the problem which actually causes loss of

    revenue
    > >to the software development companies. More importantly, it enables
    > >"competing" CS business to severely undercut those that do not sell

    pirated

    techshare, Apr 15, 2004