Piracy anyone?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Invisible, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. Invisible

    Invisible Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Invisible

    Lebowski Guest

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > Kids, LOL!

    http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-7967014.htm

    HOLY SHIT!!! The balls of some people!!

    This kid has been cunning, in that he has divulged his Hotmail address in
    the auction detail (another no-no in TradeMe rules) so he has established a
    point of contact before his membership results in his banning. Sneaky stuff.

    The games look old and crap anyway. I wouldn't pay 10c for them :)

    Lebowski, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Lebowski wrote:
    > "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    >> Kids, LOL!

    http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-7967014.htm

    > HOLY SHIT!!! The balls of some people!!
    >
    > This kid has been cunning, in that he has divulged his Hotmail
    > address in the auction detail (another no-no in TradeMe rules) so he
    > has established a point of contact before his membership results in
    > his banning. Sneaky stuff.
    >
    > The games look old and crap anyway. I wouldn't pay 10c for them :)

    I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    I wonder if they will and how long it will take?

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Invisible

    XPD Guest

    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in message
    > Lebowski wrote:
    > > "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > >> Kids, LOL!

    http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-7967014.htm

    > > HOLY SHIT!!! The balls of some people!!
    > >
    > > This kid has been cunning, in that he has divulged his Hotmail
    > > address in the auction detail (another no-no in TradeMe rules) so he
    > > has established a point of contact before his membership results in
    > > his banning. Sneaky stuff.
    > >
    > > The games look old and crap anyway. I wouldn't pay 10c for them :)

    > I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    > I wonder if they will and how long it will take?

    Theyre pretty onto it... I complained about a similar listing b4 xmas and TM
    had removed the auction AND emailed me saying thanks within 48hrs

    XPD, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Invisible

    Peter S Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message

    > "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in

    message
    > > Lebowski wrote:
    > > > "Invisible" <> wrote in message

    http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-7967014.htm

    > > > HOLY SHIT!!! The balls of some people!!
    > > >
    > > > This kid has been cunning, in that he has divulged his Hotmail
    > > > address in the auction detail (another no-no in TradeMe rules) so he
    > > > has established a point of contact before his membership results in
    > > > his banning. Sneaky stuff.
    > > >
    > > > The games look old and crap anyway. I wouldn't pay 10c for them :)

    > > I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    > > I wonder if they will and how long it will take?

    > Theyre pretty onto it... I complained about a similar listing b4 xmas and

    TM
    > had removed the auction AND emailed me saying thanks within 48hrs

    48 hours is too long for this auction unfortunately - the damage is probably
    done now :eek:(

    Peter S, Jan 2, 2004
  6. In <> Lebowski wrote:

    > "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    >> Kids, LOL!
    >>

    > http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-
    > 7967014.htm
    >>

    > HOLY SHIT!!! The balls of some people!!
    >
    > This kid has been cunning, in that he has divulged his Hotmail address
    > in the auction detail (another no-no in TradeMe rules) so he has
    > established a point of contact before his membership results in his
    > banning. Sneaky stuff.

    Yeah, but they're an authenticated member, so had to pay Trade Me $10
    first. Since they've only sold three items (all Yugioh game/trading
    cards), they've probably still got most of that in credit. Do you think
    Trade Me will refund it when they close their account? :eek:) On the other
    hand the feedback so far is zero; one negative, one positive and one
    neutral. Maybe they thought 'screw this, a life of crime for me!'.

    Apple II - FutureCop:LAPD - iMac Game Wizard
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~rojaws/

    Lor: "You see, you can justify anything with a little effort."

    The Weekenders by Doug Langdale

    Roger Johnstone, Jan 2, 2004
  7. Invisible

    Lebowski Guest

    > I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    > I wonder if they will and how long it will take?
    >
    > Russell

    Hopefully ASAP. It's already had 375 views - that means potentially 375
    people already have his email address (for future "business" reference). I'd
    hate him to have the satisfaction of sitting back & taking 5 bucks for every
    burned cd, especially with 300+ punters out there. The bucks earned would
    sure cover a few school lunches for him for the next year.

    I will email TradeMe as well.

    Lebowski, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Invisible

    ac Guest

    ac, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Invisible

    Invisible Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:01:55 +1300, ac <> wrote:

    >In article <>, walk@all-
    >over.me says...
    >> Kids, LOL!
    >>
    >> http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-7967014.htm
    >>

    >Give the kid a break. All he is doing is offering an off-site backup
    >service... And he isn't charging for the price of an envelope.
    >What a bargin.

    Yah, but try playing Counter-Strike online from a 'backup', aka 'bogus key',
    like that'll work. For 5 bucks, such a bargain!

    Invisible, Jan 2, 2004
  10. Hi there,

    Invisible wrote:
    > Kids, LOL!
    >
    > http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-7967014.htm

    A kid like that should be found and humiliated. I vote for the live
    scampi in the underwear...

    I would be amazed if somehow the software distributors failed to
    notify the authorities about something this blatant...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Jan 2, 2004
  11. On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:33:43 +1300, Lebowski wrote:

    > This kid has been cunning, in that he has divulged his Hotmail address in
    > the auction detail

    Notify hotmail. It's a ToS violation.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Jan 2, 2004
  12. Invisible

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Russell Smithies wrote:
    > Lebowski wrote:
    >> "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    >>> Kids, LOL!

    http://trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0202-0473-0021-/auction-7967014.htm

    >> HOLY SHIT!!! The balls of some people!!
    >>
    >> This kid has been cunning, in that he has divulged his Hotmail
    >> address in the auction detail (another no-no in TradeMe rules) so he
    >> has established a point of contact before his membership results in
    >> his banning. Sneaky stuff.
    >>
    >> The games look old and crap anyway. I wouldn't pay 10c for them :)

    > I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    > I wonder if they will and how long it will take?

    It's gone now.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 3, 2004
  13. Invisible

    Invisible Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:42:13 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:

    >Russell Smithies wrote:
    >>
    >> I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    >> I wonder if they will and how long it will take?

    >It's gone now.

    Interesting that with the lousy feedback, the account hasn't been canned (yet).
    http://trademe.co.nz/structure/show_member_listings.asp?member=280739

    Invisible, Jan 3, 2004
  14. In <> Invisible wrote:
    > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:42:13 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Russell Smithies wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    >>> I wonder if they will and how long it will take?

    >>It's gone now.

    > Interesting that with the lousy feedback, the account hasn't been
    > canned (yet). http://trademe.co.nz/structure/show_member_listings.asp?
    > member=280739

    Here's another interesting one. When an auction ends on Trade Me, any
    unanswered questions to the seller are revealed at the bottom of the
    page. This potential buyer obviously didn't know that!!!

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=7964564

    PS/2 Mouse Adapter for vintage Apple II or Mac
    order at http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz

    Roger Johnstone, Jan 3, 2004
  15. Invisible

    ac Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > In <> Invisible wrote:
    > > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:42:13 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    > > wrote:

    snip

    > Here's another interesting one. When an auction ends on Trade Me, any
    > unanswered questions to the seller are revealed at the bottom of the
    > page. This potential buyer obviously didn't know that!!!
    >
    > http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=7964564

    Damn that's funny. Doesn't appear to be 'outbid at the last minute' to
    me...

    ac, Jan 3, 2004
  16. Invisible

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <PW9Jb.15388$>,
    "Peter S" <> wrote:

    > 48 hours is too long for this auction unfortunately - the damage is probably
    > done now :eek:(

    yep. It would be MUCH better if they automatically removed the auction
    but STILL collected the fees from the person in the basis that a
    completed sale was probably made. If they put that in their TOS thye
    will probably be able to do it.

    That would be really funny...no sale BUT still paid fees.

    whoisthis, Jan 3, 2004
  17. Invisible

    T.N.O. Guest

    Russell Smithies wrote:
    > I emailed TradeMe and asked them to remove his auction.
    > I wonder if they will and how long it will take?

    It's gone now anyway.

    T.N.O., Jan 4, 2004
  18. In <> ac wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > lid says...
    >> In <> Invisible wrote:
    >> > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:42:13 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.
    >> > com> wrote:
    >> >

    > snip
    >>
    >> Here's another interesting one. When an auction ends on Trade Me, any
    >> unanswered questions to the seller are revealed at the bottom of the
    >> page. This potential buyer obviously didn't know that!!!
    >>
    >> http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=7964564
    >>

    > Damn that's funny. Doesn't appear to be 'outbid at the last minute'
    > to me...

    The guy selling it has relisted an identical auction, so the potential
    bidder had probably missed out on a previous copy. I won the bid, which
    is why I was watching it, and saw someone put in a bid above mine at one
    minute before it expired. Of course it had auto-extend on and I had an
    auto-bid in place too, for just such an event.

    Roger Johnstone, Jan 4, 2004