    the pond. The filter (tetra PF3) is a cannister above the pond. Currently
    the line discharges about 8-10" below the waterline. Does having the
    discharge line below the watersurface slow down the water flow?

    bk, Dec 5, 2004

  2. bk

    bk Guest

    "bk" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am trying to increase the flow back to the pond from the filter. I
    >increased the size by 1/4" and am concidering adding another return line to
    >the pond. The filter (tetra PF3) is a cannister above the pond. Currently
    >the line discharges about 8-10" below the waterline. Does having the
    >discharge line below the watersurface slow down the water flow?

    Sorry - posted to wrong group.

    bk, Dec 5, 2004

  3. bk

    Old Gringo Guest

    bk wrote:
    > I am trying to increase the flow back to the pond from the filter. I
    > increased the size by 1/4" and am concidering adding another return line to
    > the pond. The filter (tetra PF3) is a cannister above the pond. Currently
    > the line discharges about 8-10" below the waterline. Does having the
    > discharge line below the watersurface slow down the water flow?

    No Being below the water will not slow the flow. If the it were
    above the water it would have a chance to aerate the water better.
    The more agitation of the water at the surface the more air is added
    to the water. Good Luck PS: If you have only carp in the pond don't
    worry about it.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Dec 5, 2004
  4. bk

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:45:17 -0500, "bk" <> wrote:

    >"bk" <> wrote in message
    >>I am trying to increase the flow back to the pond from the filter. I
    >>increased the size by 1/4" and am concidering adding another return line to
    >>the pond. The filter (tetra PF3) is a cannister above the pond. Currently
    >>the line discharges about 8-10" below the waterline. Does having the
    >>discharge line below the watersurface slow down the water flow?
    >>

    >Sorry - posted to wrong group.

    Why? Never thought there was any question off limits here!
    joevan

    joevan, Dec 5, 2004
  5. bk

    phrogee Guest

    "bk" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to increase the flow back to the pond from the filter. I
    >increased the size by 1/4" and am concidering adding another return line to
    >the pond. The filter (tetra PF3) is a cannister above the pond. Currently
    >the line discharges about 8-10" below the waterline. Does having the
    >discharge line below the watersurface slow down the water flow?

    Make sure your intake pipe is a little larger than the discharge pipe or you
    will lose pressure. At 8-10" little effect will be seen. At great depths,
    yes, it would slow the rate down. Old Gringo is right, even a series of fine
    sprays over the water would aerorate the water much better. It would take a
    heck of a big filter for even a pond of 20' x 20'. I'm assuming it's fairly
    small.

    --
    phrogee

    phrogee, Dec 6, 2004
  6. bk

    Linda Guest

    "bk" <> wrote in message

    > "bk" <> wrote in message
    >>I am trying to increase the flow back to the pond from the filter. I
    >>increased the size by 1/4" and am concidering adding another return
    >>line to the pond. The filter (tetra PF3) is a cannister above the
    >>pond. Currently the line discharges about 8-10" below the waterline.
    >>Does having the discharge line below the watersurface slow down the
    >>water flow?
    >>

    > Sorry - posted to wrong group.

    No you didn't.

    Linda, Dec 6, 2004