    2. Should the "cable out" from the VCR connect to the "cable in" or the
    "VHF/UHF" in on the TV?

    Thanks.
    bmitd67, Nov 9, 2005

  2. bmitd67

    Biz Guest

    "bmitd67" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have a Sony KDE-37XS955 and I would like to record to VCR and/or use
    > the Picture-In-Picture function.
    >
    > Currently the chain is HDbox to Receiver (via component video & TOSlink
    > audio) -> Receiver to TV (via component video).
    >
    > The VCR is S-video.
    >
    > 1. Should I split the cable before or after the HD Box?
    > 2. Should the "cable out" from the VCR connect to the "cable in" or the
    > "VHF/UHF" in on the TV?
    >
    > Thanks.

    If you split before the cable box, then all channels that onyl work with the
    cable box, like all channels above 100(digital), and all the HD stations
    will not be recordable...

    The VCR can only record channels it can tune into, which will only be the
    unscambled channels in the 2-99 range.

    Same with the PIP function on your tv...

    For full functionality, you'll need another cable box, a non-HD version,
    split the cable b4 either box, and then run the regualr digital cable box
    into the vcr, then onto the receiver, or tv...
    Biz, Nov 9, 2005