    informed cannot be made region free without the use of an engineers remote.

    Cheers

    Soupladel
    Soupladel, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Soupladel

    Vamp Guest

    "Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    news:B%fFd.9217$...
    > Can anyone tell me where I can download the region mod disc for the
    > Pioneer DVR-420?
    >
    > I realise there are a number of sites such as dvdchips that are offer to
    > sell you a copy of the idsc for approx £20, but was wondering if it is
    > downloadable?
    >
    > I was also wondering whether these discs remove macrovision, and/or the
    > ability to back up so call "protected" discs?
    >
    > My intentions are to purchase a number of DVD boxsets on Region 1 as they
    > are cheaper, mainly play them on my Pioneer DVR-420, but occasionaly play
    > them on my panasonic RV-31 in the bedroom which I have been reliably
    > informed cannot be made region free without the use of an engineers
    > remote.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Soupladel

    think you will need a PDA or a laptop with a infared thingy on it and some
    free software to send the code to the player.
    you can find the info to put into the IR program online but it'll take a
    while, i done this to a friends pioneer 360.

    £20 is a rip off! you might as well ditch it for a newer player, can get a
    nice shiny new pioneer for £50 these days already multi region out the box!
    Vamp, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Soupladel

    Burny® Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:57:36 -0000, "Vamp" <> wrote:

    >"Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone tell me where I can download the region mod disc for the
    >> Pioneer DVR-420?
    >>
    >> I realise there are a number of sites such as dvdchips that are offer to
    >> sell you a copy of the idsc for approx £20, but was wondering if it is
    >> downloadable?
    >>
    >> I was also wondering whether these discs remove macrovision, and/or the
    >> ability to back up so call "protected" discs?
    >>
    >> My intentions are to purchase a number of DVD boxsets on Region 1 as they
    >> are cheaper, mainly play them on my Pioneer DVR-420, but occasionaly play
    >> them on my panasonic RV-31 in the bedroom which I have been reliably
    >> informed cannot be made region free without the use of an engineers
    >> remote.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Soupladel
    >>

    >think you will need a PDA or a laptop with a infared thingy on it and some
    >free software to send the code to the player.
    >you can find the info to put into the IR program online but it'll take a
    >while, i done this to a friends pioneer 360.
    >
    >£20 is a rip off! you might as well ditch it for a newer player, can get a
    >nice shiny new pioneer for £50 these days already multi region out the box!

    Not a pioneer dvr420 he cant its a standalone dvd recorder with a 80
    gig hardrive ;-) Mine was multiregion outta the box though.
    Burny®, Jan 12, 2005
  4. Soupladel

    Vamp Guest

    <Burny®> wrote in message news:...
    > On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:57:36 -0000, "Vamp" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can anyone tell me where I can download the region mod disc for the
    >>> Pioneer DVR-420?
    >>>
    >>> I realise there are a number of sites such as dvdchips that are offer to
    >>> sell you a copy of the idsc for approx £20, but was wondering if it is
    >>> downloadable?
    >>>
    >>> I was also wondering whether these discs remove macrovision, and/or the
    >>> ability to back up so call "protected" discs?
    >>>
    >>> My intentions are to purchase a number of DVD boxsets on Region 1 as
    >>> they
    >>> are cheaper, mainly play them on my Pioneer DVR-420, but occasionaly
    >>> play
    >>> them on my panasonic RV-31 in the bedroom which I have been reliably
    >>> informed cannot be made region free without the use of an engineers
    >>> remote.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>>
    >>> Soupladel
    >>>

    >>think you will need a PDA or a laptop with a infared thingy on it and some
    >>free software to send the code to the player.
    >>you can find the info to put into the IR program online but it'll take a
    >>while, i done this to a friends pioneer 360.
    >>
    >>£20 is a rip off! you might as well ditch it for a newer player, can get a
    >>nice shiny new pioneer for £50 these days already multi region out the
    >>box!
    >>

    > Not a pioneer dvr420 he cant its a standalone dvd recorder with a 80
    > gig hardrive ;-) Mine was multiregion outta the box though.

    damn learn something new every day :)

    didn't know it was a DVD recorder, i guess the R in the model name gives it
    away when i think bout it!
    buy the disc for £20 then burn copies and sell on ebay, i would :)
    Vamp, Jan 13, 2005
  5. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    "Vamp" <> wrote in message

    > <Burny®> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:57:36 -0000, "Vamp" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Soupladel" <> wrote in message

    >>>think you will need a PDA or a laptop with a infared thingy on it and
    >>>some
    >>>free software to send the code to the player.
    >>>you can find the info to put into the IR program online but it'll take a
    >>>while, i done this to a friends pioneer 360.
    >>>
    >>>£20 is a rip off! you might as well ditch it for a newer player, can get
    >>>nice shiny new pioneer for £50 these days already multi region out the
    >>>box!
    >>>

    >> Not a pioneer dvr420 he cant its a standalone dvd recorder with a 80
    >> gig hardrive ;-) Mine was multiregion outta the box though.

    > damn learn something new every day :)
    >
    > didn't know it was a DVD recorder, i guess the R in the model name gives
    > it away when i think bout it!
    > buy the disc for £20 then burn copies and sell on ebay, i would :)

    To be quite honest, I haven't even bothered trying a region 1 disc yet (i
    don't have any but I suppose I could make one up)

    Soupladel
    Soupladel, Jan 13, 2005