    except TV Guide (could care less) and Timer Recordings! How do I get
    Timer Recordings back?
    , Jan 20, 2007

  2. Jomtien Guest

    wrote:

    > I got a
    >firmware image from BitTorrent, which the DVR loaded without a hitch,
    >however I still don't have Timer Recordings. Instead it says "This
    >operation cannot be completed now" when I try accessing Timer
    >Recordings.
    >
    >How do Pioneer service centers replace the drive? Everything works now
    >except TV Guide (could care less) and Timer Recordings! How do I get
    >Timer Recordings back?

    I expect that you would need to reset the recorder (there must be a
    button for this) and then redo the entire setup procedure.

    The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/8vef5
    UK TV overseas: http://tinyurl.com/6p73
    BBC/ITV reception trouble? ; http://www.astra2d.com/
    ----
    Only the truth as I see it.
    No monies return'd. ;-)
    Jomtien, Jan 21, 2007

  3. Stan Brown Guest

    Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:44:20 +0100 from Jomtien <>:
    > wrote:
    > > How do I get Timer Recordings back?

    Silly question I suppose, but have you called customer service? If
    nothing else, it should be reported if the recorder came back from
    the repair center needing additional work.

    > I expect that you would need to reset the recorder (there must be a
    > button for this) and then redo the entire setup procedure.

    The 640, which I have, is quite similar. The manual says, under
    "Resetting the Recorder":
    1. Turn on the recorder.
    2. Press and hold STOP on the recorder (not the remote).
    3. Press STANDBY/ON on the recorder (not the remote).
    4. Wait a second or two, then release both buttons.

    I'll bet the above works on the 533 as well, but you could always
    look in the manual under "Resettng the Recorder". :)

    If you don't have your manual, you can download a copy from
    > http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/older/models/0,,2076_310069745,00.html

    You might want to do that in any event, since the indexes suck in
    Pioneer DVDR manuals, and with a downloaded copy you can search the
    text.

    By the bye, AVS Forum at
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106
    has lots of very good peer help on Pioneer and other recorders. It's
    even possible that your question about timer recordings was answered
    there already.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Jan 21, 2007
  4. Guest

    Stan Brown wrote:
    > Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:44:20 +0100 from Jomtien <>:
    > > wrote:
    > > > How do I get Timer Recordings back?

    > Silly question I suppose, but have you called customer service? If
    > nothing else, it should be reported if the recorder came back from
    > the repair center needing additional work.
    >
    > > I expect that you would need to reset the recorder (there must be a
    > > button for this) and then redo the entire setup procedure.

    > The 640, which I have, is quite similar. The manual says, under
    > "Resetting the Recorder":
    > 1. Turn on the recorder.
    > 2. Press and hold STOP on the recorder (not the remote).
    > 3. Press STANDBY/ON on the recorder (not the remote).
    > 4. Wait a second or two, then release both buttons.
    >
    > I'll bet the above works on the 533 as well, but you could always
    > look in the manual under "Resettng the Recorder". :)
    >
    > If you don't have your manual, you can download a copy from
    > > http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/older/models/0,,2076_310069745,00.html

    > You might want to do that in any event, since the indexes suck in
    > Pioneer DVDR manuals, and with a downloaded copy you can search the
    > text.
    >
    > By the bye, AVS Forum at
    > http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106
    > has lots of very good peer help on Pioneer and other recorders. It's
    > even possible that your question about timer recordings was answered
    > there already.

    > http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    > DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    > other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

    This doesn't help. It's not a matter or resetting the recorder. I
    replaced the failed hard drive, and now it's missing code on the hard
    drive that makes the Timer Rec work. Stupid Pioneer should have put
    everything on ROM, not on the hard drive.
    , Jan 22, 2007
  5. dvdlibra Guest

    > This doesn't help. It's not a matter or resetting the recorder. I
    > replaced the failed hard drive, and now it's missing code on the hard
    > drive that makes the Timer Rec work. Stupid Pioneer should have put
    > everything on ROM, not on the hard drive.

    You need to have the test disc to fill in the required information when you
    carry out repairs or replace the hdd. The disc enables a mode to complete
    the hdd data needed to patch the firmware to avoid error messages and ensure
    correct operation. You can even put a larger hard drive if you want, say
    250Gb. If you need more help, contact me at dvd library uk. rgds,
    Chipmaster.
    dvdlibra, Jan 22, 2007