    fix this problem or is this just a bad dvd drive ?

    Thanks in advance

    Barry
    Barry, Aug 20, 2004

  2. On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:57:37 +0000 (UTC), "Barry" <>
    wrote:

    >Helllo .. well i got my new pioneer dvr 108 and started decrypting it with
    >dvd decrypter it only managed to crawl up to 2x read speed and then
    >stopped there and got no higher . I installed a pci ide controller card but
    >it made no difference to the read speed ? ..anyone have any ideas how to
    >fix this problem or is this just a bad dvd drive ?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Barry

    The factory formware limits ripping speed to 2X. Install a hack
    firmware. Also Windows SPTI is slower than ASPI, install Forceaspi.

    ... Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 20, 2004

  3. Barry

    luminos Guest

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:57:37 +0000 (UTC), "Barry" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Helllo .. well i got my new pioneer dvr 108 and started decrypting it
    >>with
    >>dvd decrypter it only managed to crawl up to 2x read speed and then
    >>stopped there and got no higher . I installed a pci ide controller card
    >>but
    >>it made no difference to the read speed ? ..anyone have any ideas how to
    >>fix this problem or is this just a bad dvd drive ?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance
    >>
    >>Barry

    > The factory formware limits ripping speed to 2X. Install a hack
    > firmware. Also Windows SPTI is slower than ASPI, install Forceaspi.
    >
    > .. Steve .

    Beware. Although the advice is correct, a functioning hack firmware for the
    108 does not seem available. Under no circumstances use the current 107.
    luminos, Aug 20, 2004
  4. On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:07:54 -0700, "luminos" <> wrote:

    >"Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:57:37 +0000 (UTC), "Barry" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Helllo .. well i got my new pioneer dvr 108 and started decrypting it
    >>>with
    >>>dvd decrypter it only managed to crawl up to 2x read speed and then
    >>>stopped there and got no higher . I installed a pci ide controller card
    >>>but
    >>>it made no difference to the read speed ? ..anyone have any ideas how to
    >>>fix this problem or is this just a bad dvd drive ?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance
    >>>
    >>>Barry

    >> The factory formware limits ripping speed to 2X. Install a hack
    >> firmware. Also Windows SPTI is slower than ASPI, install Forceaspi.
    >>
    >> .. Steve .
    >>>

    >Beware. Although the advice is correct, a functioning hack firmware for the
    >108 does not seem available. Under no circumstances use the current 107.

    Yeah, that's the problem with getting the very latest DVDrom, the
    dual-layer writing might be nice, if ever the price of the media comes
    down, but meanwhile it's not yet hacked for full-speed ripping.
    Meanwhile I bought the DVR-107, it won't write dual-layer but will
    burn 4X media at 8X and plenty of support is available. And while
    cheap, it's perfect for my needs, and it rips at up to 16X.

    ... Steve .
    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 21, 2004
  5. Barry

    Barry Guest

    So it looks like i`ll have to buy a cheap DVD Rom just to read at a faster
    speed when decrypting eh?? anyone have suggestions for a DVD Rom that will
    read fast ?

    Thx Barry

    Barry, Aug 21, 2004
  6. Barry

    Biz Guest

    The best advice is to not use your burner for ripping. A cheap $30-$40
    DVD-ROM drive is not limited to ripping speed and will do the trick.

    Biz, Aug 21, 2004