Pioneer DVR-107 doesn't like +R media?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Richard Lewis, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. I've burnt the following with no problems:

    Datawrite -R (red) @ 4x
    Grade A -R (orange) @ 4x
    Mirror Platinum -R @ 4x
    Mirror Platinum Pro -R @ 4x
    Unbranded G04 (silver) -R @ 4x

    I'm unable to burn the following:

    Discplanet +R (white)
    Grade A +R (lilac)
    Bulkpaq +R (sliver)
    Ridata 4X +R (burns at 8x)
    Mirror 4X +R

    I've tried the above with Nero 6.0 and also DVD Shrink 3.1. Updating to the
    latest firmware (1.13) didn't help.

    Any ideas why the Pioneer 107 doesn't like +R media?

    TIA

    --
    Richard
    Richard Lewis, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Richard Lewis

    dmn Guest

    I just bought the pioneer-107d 4 weeks ago. It works ok on DVD-R but
    failed on DVD+r at the very final step. I used ComUSA discs and Nero 6
    Ultra Version.

    dmn, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Richard Lewis

    Starz_Kid Guest

    "Richard Lewis" <> wrote in message
    > I've burnt the following with no problems:
    >
    > Datawrite -R (red) @ 4x
    > Grade A -R (orange) @ 4x
    > Mirror Platinum -R @ 4x
    > Mirror Platinum Pro -R @ 4x
    > Unbranded G04 (silver) -R @ 4x
    >
    > I'm unable to burn the following:
    >
    > Discplanet +R (white)
    > Grade A +R (lilac)
    > Bulkpaq +R (sliver)
    > Ridata 4X +R (burns at 8x)
    > Mirror 4X +R
    >
    > I've tried the above with Nero 6.0 and also DVD Shrink 3.1. Updating to

    the
    > latest firmware (1.13) didn't help.
    >
    > Any ideas why the Pioneer 107 doesn't like +R media?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > Richard

    Hello Richard, I too have the Pioneer 107 and have used 2x Verbatim +r
    discs without any problems...! I've also used CompUSA 2x +r with no
    problems...! For -r I use Verbatim 4x - works like a charm!!!

    Starz_Kid...
    Starz_Kid, Apr 17, 2004
  4. On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:40:00 GMT, "Starz_Kid" <>
    wrote:

    >"Richard Lewis" <> wrote in message
    >> I've burnt the following with no problems:
    >>
    >> Datawrite -R (red) @ 4x
    >> Grade A -R (orange) @ 4x
    >> Mirror Platinum -R @ 4x
    >> Mirror Platinum Pro -R @ 4x
    >> Unbranded G04 (silver) -R @ 4x
    >>
    >> I'm unable to burn the following:
    >>
    >> Discplanet +R (white)
    >> Grade A +R (lilac)
    >> Bulkpaq +R (sliver)
    >> Ridata 4X +R (burns at 8x)
    >> Mirror 4X +R

    As noted many times, Nero 6.0 has trouble with calibrating the laser
    power, it will fail or make coasters on many media, while being fine
    on others. Before considering hardware or media problems make certain
    you're using Nero 6.3.0.3.

    . Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Apr 17, 2004
  5. Richard Lewis

    Fluffy Guest

    DVR-107D v1.13 firmware released

    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread/t-92302.html

    DVD-R 4X Writability Improvement
    +R 4X Writability Improvement
    Support 8X writing on New CMC +R Media

    This was taken from the EU site of Pioneer :
    http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product...ev00002r_e.html

    Fluffy, Apr 17, 2004