    I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC. Must be IDE but looks
    like no body seems to have them these days. My usual haunts say zero
    stock
    Mutley, Feb 1, 2009

  2. Mutley

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-02-01, Mutley <> wrote:
    > I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC.

    One of the many reasons the English language has spelling, is so that in the
    written form, the meaning will be clear. Duel, dual, and jewel are very
    different things, albeit that they sound the same.

    I care not that enough is spelt enuff, as it really an improvment.

    Sorry, could not resist.
    Gordon, Feb 1, 2009

  3. Stephen Worthington, Feb 1, 2009
  4. Mutley

    Peter M Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:10:37 +1300, Mutley <> wrote:

    >I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC. Must be IDE but looks
    >like no body seems to have them these days. My usual haunts say zero
    >stock

    You must use the Correct model No. as that sates if its SATA or IDE, the only problem I
    found that all the IDE Models are Black..
    Peter M, Feb 1, 2009
  5. Mutley

    Peter M Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:10:37 +1300, Mutley <> wrote:

    >I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC. Must be IDE but looks
    >like no body seems to have them these days. My usual haunts say zero
    >stock

    Go to www.pricespy.co.nz you will find lots of IDE models..

    I payed $46 for my one but locally they are over $100..

    Mine is a DVR-212 But its Sata with a Beige colour, I think that the DVR-215 is the
    IDE model.

    This model got good reviews.
    Peter M, Feb 1, 2009
  6. Mutley

    Mike Dee Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:10:37 +1300, Mutley wrote:

    > I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC. Must be IDE but looks like
    > no body seems to have them these days. My usual haunts say zero stock

    Look for Pioneer model DVR-A12XLB, I got one a couple of months back and
    I'm "over the moon" with it's performance. Bloody excellent.

    There's one here, dual layer, IDE:
    <http://pconlineshop.co.nz/pcshop/product_info.php?products_id=28302>

    Price is over $100 with gst.

    Cheers.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Feb 1, 2009
  7. Mutley

    Peter M Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:11:08 +1100, Mike Dee <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:10:37 +1300, Mutley wrote:
    >
    >> I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC. Must be IDE but looks like
    >> no body seems to have them these days. My usual haunts say zero stock

    >Look for Pioneer model DVR-A12XLB, I got one a couple of months back and
    >I'm "over the moon" with it's performance. Bloody excellent.
    >
    >There's one here, dual layer, IDE:
    ><http://pconlineshop.co.nz/pcshop/product_info.php?products_id=28302>
    >
    >Price is over $100 with gst.
    >
    >Cheers.

    Way way over priced as its a Full Retail model and not that new..

    Plus only one shops sells it, is that why the price is so high..?

    Try the DVR-115D or the DVR-112D
    Peter M, Feb 2, 2009
  8. Mutley

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Feb 1, 8:21 pm, Peter M <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:10:37 +1300, Mutley <> wrote:
    > >I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC.  Must be IDE  but looks
    > >like no body seems to have them these days.  My usual haunts say  zero
    > >stock

    > You must use the Correct model No. as that sates if its SATA or IDE, the only problem I
    > found that all the IDE Models are Black..

    Could you add in a SATA PCI card to allow the use of SATA?
    Craig Shore, Feb 2, 2009
  9. Mutley

    Mutlley Guest

    Craig Shore <> wrote:

    >On Feb 1, 8:21 pm, Peter M <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:10:37 +1300, Mutley <> wrote:
    >> >I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC.  Must be IDE  but looks
    >> >like no body seems to have them these days.  My usual haunts say  zero
    >> >stock

    >> You must use the Correct model No. as that sates if its SATA or IDE, the only problem I
    >> found that all the IDE Models are Black..

    >Could you add in a SATA PCI card to allow the use of SATA?

    That generally adds about another $50 ~ 60 to the price plus will the
    SATA card allow the DVD drive to be bootable..??
    Mutlley, Feb 2, 2009
  10. In article <>,
    VEcom says...
    > I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC. Must be IDE but looks
    > like no body seems to have them these days. My usual haunts say zero
    > stock

    ??? I don't know about your usual haunts of course .... and I assume you
    mean a dual layer drive ... (not at all sure about availability of gun-
    toting or rapier wielding DVD writers).

    http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=364994

    listed as in stock as of 01/02/09; at $69.91 GST inc.

    Now Plextor on the other hand DO seem to have disappeared again.
    Glad I got one when they were available again just about a year ago.

    -P.
    Peter Huebner, Feb 2, 2009
  11. Mutley

    Peter M Guest

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:08:47 +1300, Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I was going to an a duel layer one to my PC. Must be IDE but looks
    >> like no body seems to have them these days. My usual haunts say zero
    >> stock
    >>

    >??? I don't know about your usual haunts of course .... and I assume you
    >mean a dual layer drive ... (not at all sure about availability of gun-
    >toting or rapier wielding DVD writers).
    >
    >http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=364994
    >
    >listed as in stock as of 01/02/09; at $69.91 GST inc.
    >
    >Now Plextor on the other hand DO seem to have disappeared again.
    >Glad I got one when they were available again just about a year ago.
    >
    >-P.

    Funny that Plextor badges Pioneer drives
    Peter M, Feb 2, 2009