    Any help would be appreciated.

    Cheers

    Ren
    Ren, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Ren

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:32:43 +1200, "Ren" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi there.
    >
    >I have a Pioneer DV 355 DVD player that shows the symptoms of a failing
    >Optical pickup assembly.
    >Would someone know the part number or required details for replacement Laser
    >unit for this model.
    >
    >I'm taking it that Pioneer use these drives through out most of there bottom
    >of the line players.
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated.
    >

    >Cheers
    >
    >Ren

    Ring the Pioneer agents up and see if they can help.

    Monarco..

    give you a price on the Laser block..

    Tesa and Trade Tech do replacement lasers but they are Trade only

    It will be cheaper in the long run just to buy a new DVD Player
    XP, Aug 23, 2005

  3. Ren

    Ren Guest

    Thanks for your reply XP..

    Yes, I checked Trade Tech last night, but as i dont have a part number etc,
    i am unable to find the appropriate replacement.
    I might just place a call to Monarco..

    Cheers

    Ren

    Ren, Aug 23, 2005
  4. Ren

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:42:14 +1200, "Ren" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for your reply XP..
    >
    >Yes, I checked Trade Tech last night, but as i dont have a part number etc,
    >i am unable to find the appropriate replacement.
    >I might just place a call to Monarco..
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >Ren

    See if there are any number on the Laser block as Pioneer might not make it,
    this is very normal..

    Tesa list product types and the laser that is fitted..

    XP, Aug 23, 2005
  5. Ren

    Ren Guest

    Hi Xp..

    Cheers for the responce.
    Yes, i have taken a look at the Laser Block.. Unlike other Laser Assemblys
    that i have replaced, there is no common markings or Identification markings
    that i can use.
    I say your right though, the unit will most probably be sourced from another
    manufacturer, as i have found with previous experience.
    I will try and get hold of Monarco tommorow and see whats involved with
    getting the right part number for this model.

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers

    Ren

    Ren, Aug 23, 2005
  6. Ren

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:55:09 +1200, "Ren" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Xp..
    >
    >Cheers for the responce.
    >Yes, i have taken a look at the Laser Block.. Unlike other Laser Assemblys
    >that i have replaced, there is no common markings or Identification markings
    >that i can use.
    >I say your right though, the unit will most probably be sourced from another
    >manufacturer, as i have found with previous experience.
    >I will try and get hold of Monarco tommorow and see whats involved with
    >getting the right part number for this model.
    >
    >Thanks for your help.
    >

    >Cheers
    >
    >Ren

    Give Tesa a ring as they will also know, just give them the Player Model No.
    plus you could save heaps.

    http://www.tesa.co.nz/

    XP, Aug 23, 2005
  7. Ren

    wrote:

    >Hi Xp..
    >
    >Cheers for the responce.
    >Yes, i have taken a look at the Laser Block.. Unlike other Laser Assemblys
    >that i have replaced, there is no common markings or Identification markings
    >that i can use.
    >I say your right though, the unit will most probably be sourced from another
    >manufacturer, as i have found with previous experience.
    >I will try and get hold of Monarco tommorow and see whats involved with
    >getting the right part number for this model.
    >
    >Thanks for your help.
    >

    >Cheers

    Here is Part of the Retail catalog, all have links, they also have a cross
    reference list as I have used it, but its not on the web site, so give them a
    ring.

    I can't get hold of the catalog for a few days.

    Also Smoking will stuff up Lasers.

    Retail Catalogue Index

    AXIAL and GRAIN OF WHEAT LAMPS
    LAMPS L.E.D. and NEON TYPES.
    LAMPS TORCH BULBS.
    LASERS AND MECHANISMS FOR CD-LD-DVD
    LASER FLEXI CABLES
    LASERS TO BE SOURCED ON INQUIRY
    LEADS AUDIO-VIDEO + CONNECTORS.
    LEADS COAXIAL CABLE FLYLEADS.
    LEADS DC VOLTAGE + CONNECTORS.
    LIGHTING - ELETROLUMINESCENT WIRES
    LOPTX (HR) DIEMENS SERIES.
    LOPTX CTV and CPU TYPES.

    XP, Aug 23, 2005
  8. Ren

    Ren Guest

    Awesome

    Thanks Xp..
    I took a browse at the Tesa Site last night, I see you have to an Trade
    member to use the site, although i took a browse via the Retail catergory.
    I will have to sign up and become a registed member.
    I should have done this ages ago, as Trade Techs service has not been the
    best to me lately.

    Cheers

    Ren

    Ren, Aug 23, 2005