    Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to remove
    the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?

    Thanks.
    No Spam, Oct 2, 2003

  2. No Spam

    Guest

    In article <Z_Zeb.44597$Ms2.2484@fed1read03>, says...
    > Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to remove
    > the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I saw a "mandatory" upgrade on the pioneer web site I think may be
    for this - its worth going to look as they have lots of upgrades and
    some free software there
    , Oct 3, 2003

  3. No Spam

    Guest

    No Spam wrote:

    >Is there a rip speed fix/patch for the Pioneer A04 / 104 drives to remove
    >the 2x cap? I thought these drives were supposed to rip at 6x?
    >
    >Thanks.

    It will rip a pressed DVD at 6x. Recordable DVD media is limited to
    2x. There's a good reason for this. They didn't do it just to annoy
    you.
    , Oct 3, 2003
  4. No Spam

    No Spam Guest

    Well, its not working then...

    I am only able to rip a commercially pressed DVD video at 2x... any ideas?

    No Spam, Oct 3, 2003
  5. No Spam

    BoB Guest

    That's how my P105 is, I leave it alone and use a sony dvd-rom to rip
    newer dvd's, old dvd's I do with the P105.

    BoB, Oct 3, 2003
  6. No Spam

    No Spam Guest

    For the 105/A05 there is a hack to get it to rip at 12x... I was looking for
    something similar for the 104/A04... guess its only for the x05 series.

    No Spam, Oct 3, 2003
  7. On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:01:53 -0700, "No Spam" <>
    wrote:

    >For the 105/A05 there is a hack to get it to rip at 12x... I was looking for
    >something similar for the 104/A04... guess its only for the x05 series.

    "Ripping" a DVD is not a function that has anything to do with
    recording. The A04 is also a regular, normal DVD player. It should
    be able to rip at maybe 50% of its rated playback speed. I suspect
    your ASPI layer is not optimal. Unless you have Nero or Adaptec ASPI
    installed the player will only use the native XP or W2K interface,
    which is very sloww, 2X max. Install Adaptec 1.7 and you should get
    up to 5.5X ripping speeds.

    .Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 3, 2003