    distortion at the top.

    Have any of you any idea what is causing this?

    Cheers for any help.

    whoami, Jul 1, 2003

  2. whoami

    ZC TGS Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:00:39 +0100, "whoami" <>
    wrote:

    >I have just bought a Pioneer 656 (Region free etc and a great player) as a
    >replacement for my trusty 444.
    >
    >Anyway, when I play my Region 1 NTSC DVDs on it I get a wavey, curling
    >effect at the top of the screen.
    >
    >If I switch to PAL60 mode, the effect is gone.

    I have a 656 as well.

    Can I ask you how you changed to PAL60, and where I can find the
    settings to change it back?

    Thanks.
    TGS

    ZC TGS, Jul 1, 2003

  3. whoami

    whoami Guest

    With the machine in standby hold down forward/skip and then press power.

    Each time you do this it will cycle through AUTO/PAL/NTSC.

    PAL with an NTSC source is MOD.PAL - not PAL 50

    Have you had the same problem by the way?

    whoami, Jul 1, 2003
  4. whoami

    ZC TGS Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 13:10:32 +0100, "whoami" <>
    wrote:

    >With the machine in standby hold down forward/skip and then press power.
    >
    >Each time you do this it will cycle through AUTO/PAL/NTSC.
    >
    >PAL with an NTSC source is MOD.PAL - not PAL 50
    >
    >Have you had the same problem by the way?

    Thanks for the info,

    Regarding the problem, I've not experienced it so far but then I've
    only had my Pioneer 656 for a weeks. Got a Pioneer 545 as well which
    works pretty well also.

    ZC TGS, Jul 4, 2003