    any ideas to remedy this problem.

    cheers
    Ben

    Ben, May 2, 2004

  2. "Ben" <> wrote in message
    news:BN4lc.7129$...
    > how long does it take to burn a full dvd-r at 4X?
    > I keep reading its supposed to be around 15 mins, but mine is actually

    close
    > to 30 mins, double, even though I use ritek g04, burning with latest nero,
    > using XP, DMA enabled. I also have the latest firmware, 1.12.
    >
    > is this right?
    >
    > I have gigabyte mobo (8PE667 Ultra2), with 4 IDE connections, and all
    > connections r used, IDE3 is my LiteOn CDRW, and IDE4 is the Pioneer 107.
    > Both r set to master since they r on their own channel. My IDE 2 is used

    by
    > my DVD-ROM. I might swap the DVD-ROM and DVDRW around, but I cant c how

    that
    > is the problem.
    >
    > any ideas to remedy this problem.
    >
    > cheers
    > Ben

    it should take 15mins
    Have you got it set to simulate then write???

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 2, 2004

  3. Ben

    Ben Guest

    nah, just wrote an ISO, 3.2 GB took 22mins, 4+ takes around 28-30 mins.
    i will try the simulation.

    Ben, May 2, 2004
  4. Ben

    Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > nah, just wrote an ISO, 3.2 GB took 22mins, 4+ takes around 28-30 mins.
    > i will try the simulation.
    > "Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > > > how long does it take to burn a full dvd-r at 4X?
    > > > I keep reading its supposed to be around 15 mins, but mine is actually

    > > close
    > > > to 30 mins, double, even though I use ritek g04, burning with latest

    > nero,
    > > > using XP, DMA enabled. I also have the latest firmware, 1.12.
    > > >
    > > > is this right?
    > > >
    > > > I have gigabyte mobo (8PE667 Ultra2), with 4 IDE connections, and all
    > > > connections r used, IDE3 is my LiteOn CDRW, and IDE4 is the Pioneer

    107.
    > > > Both r set to master since they r on their own channel. My IDE 2 is

    used
    > > by
    > > > my DVD-ROM. I might swap the DVD-ROM and DVDRW around, but I cant c

    how
    > > that
    > > > is the problem.
    > > >
    > > > any ideas to remedy this problem.
    > > >
    > > > cheers
    > > > Ben
    > > >

    > > it should take 15mins
    > > Have you got it set to simulate then write???

    Have you turned on your DMS's?

    G©, May 2, 2004
  5. "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > nah, just wrote an ISO, 3.2 GB took 22mins, 4+ takes around 28-30 mins.
    > i will try the simulation.

    No don't simulation doesn't actually burn the disc.
    sometimes nero sets it to do a simulation(practise run) then burn it
    properly afterwards

    Try downloading the latest VIA drivers from here and enable DMA and see if
    that helps
    http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2
    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 2, 2004
  6. Ben

    Ben Guest

    i have the Intel Application Accelerator, which controls the IDE channels.
    DMA is enabled on all the channels (or so it says), so I cant click on
    properties on device manager and enable DMA there.

    Ben, May 2, 2004

    30 minutes @ 4x 15 @ 8x

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, May 2, 2004