    There must be a place in the registry where I can go & edit the list of
    programs pinned to the start menu.

    Can anyone tell me where this is ?

    TrickTrash, May 13, 2006

  2. TrickTrash

    Trax Guest

    "TrickTrash" <> wrote:

    |>Every time I try to remove anything by right-clicking, Remove from Pinned
    |>Program list, XP crashes.
    |>
    |>At this stage, I don't care about solving the causes of these problems, I
    |>just want to solve the result.
    |>
    |>There must be a place in the registry where I can go & edit the list of
    |>programs pinned to the start menu.
    |>
    |>Can anyone tell me where this is ?

    Most likely caused by a MS autoupdate.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165

    --
    *..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

    Trax, May 13, 2006

  3. TrickTrash

    Evan Platt Guest

    http://www.jsifaq.com/subL/tip5700/rh5777.htm

    Evan Platt, May 13, 2006
  4. TrickTrash

    TrickTrash Guest

    Thanks for your reply Evan, but what I want is to be able to alter the progs
    in the List, not remove it all together.

    Useful site jsifaq; and although my knowledge doesn't extend to nop.reg
    files (I even Googled it & got nothing) I understand how to add or alter a
    key or value in the Registry directly.

    Any ideas on where the values for the list of pinned progs is stored as
    individual keys in the Registry ?

    TrickTrash, May 13, 2006
  5. TrickTrash

    TrickTrash Guest

    Trax

    Yes, I'd heard this update was causing some probs. I guess I'll wait for
    the updated update to come out, unless I can dig up the enthusiasm to
    Uninstall\re-install.

    Thanks for your reply.

    TrickTrash, May 14, 2006