    transferring the video, but cannot figure out how to transfer the sound. It
    is an old card and there doesn't seem to be any User's Guide available for
    it.
    BARBARA MOHR, Jun 23, 2007

  2. BARBARA MOHR

    ded Guest

    "BARBARA MOHR" <> wrote in message
    news:G_cfi.420$RZ1.190@trnddc05...
    >I have a Pinnacle WDM PCTV card installed in my computer and I wish to
    >utilize it to transfer some on my VHS videotapes to disk. I have no
    >trouble transferring the video, but cannot figure out how to transfer the
    >sound. It is an old card and there doesn't seem to be any User's Guide
    >available for it.

    It's dependent on how you are capturing.
    If connected by S-Video input, that only carries the video signal.
    You now also have to make line level audio capture.
    Your VHS player will have two line outputs (Left and Right channels)
    These have to be connected.
    Does the Pinnacle card have audio/line level capture inputs? If so
    connect the VHS line outputs to them.
    If not, you will have to utilize what is available which may mean
    connecting the line outputs via a hub/converter to microphone input.
    And then directing whatever capture software you are using to capture
    video via S-Video and audio via whatever input you connect to.
    ded, Jun 23, 2007

  3. BARBARA MOHR

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:45:10 +0000, BARBARA MOHR wrote:

    > I have a Pinnacle WDM PCTV card installed in my computer and I wish to
    > utilize it to transfer some on my VHS videotapes to disk. I have no trouble
    > transferring the video, but cannot figure out how to transfer the sound. It
    > is an old card and there doesn't seem to be any User's Guide available for
    > it.

    I would assume you need a cable for the audio. Do you have one?
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Jun 23, 2007
  4. BARBARA MOHR

    meerkat Guest

    "BARBARA MOHR" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Pinnacle WDM PCTV card installed in my computer and I wish to
    >utilize it to transfer some on my VHS videotapes to disk. I have no
    >trouble transferring the video, but cannot figure out how to transfer the
    >sound. It is an old card and there doesn't seem to be any User's Guide
    >available for it.

    Hi Babs.
    Just had a quick look around and suggest you go to
    www.google.com, and type in `Pinnacle WDM PCTV card`.

    It appears that it`s a reasonable card, but terrible software.
    So read some of the articles there, to see what you can
    learn about it.

    bw..
    meerkat, Jun 23, 2007
  5. BARBARA MOHR

    nevioster Guest

    BARBARA MOHR wrote:
    > I have a Pinnacle WDM PCTV card installed in my computer and I wish to
    > utilize it to transfer some on my VHS videotapes to disk. I have no trouble
    > transferring the video, but cannot figure out how to transfer the sound. It
    > is an old card and there doesn't seem to be any User's Guide available for
    > it.

    if you don' mind quality i used a coax cable and rf out to ch 3 or 4
    and used pctv to record ch 3
    nevioster, Jun 25, 2007