    and i can't find anything

    many thanks well in advance

    MLH

    Mother's Little Helper, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Mother's Little Helper

    Old Gringo Guest

    Mother's Little Helper wrote:
    > anybody know how to get the card to accept video from a vcr or other rca device
    > rather than the dv camera? i have looked thru all the available documentation
    > and i can't find anything
    >
    > many thanks well in advance
    >
    > MLH

    How about a video card with TV tuner?

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jan 23, 2005

  3. and just exactly WHAT does that have to do with redirecting input sources to
    a capture card? it already has an attachment for accepting rca input
    i have a hauppauge win-tv card and you can't have both of them in the computer
    at the same time, they conflict

    Mother's Little Helper, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Mother's Little Helper

    Old Gringo Guest

    Mother's Little Helper wrote:
    > and just exactly WHAT does that have to do with redirecting input sources to
    > a capture card? it already has an attachment for accepting rca input
    > i have a hauppauge win-tv card and you can't have both of them in the computer
    > at the same time, they conflict
    >

    > Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >

    >>Mother's Little Helper wrote:
    >>
    >>>anybody know how to get the card to accept video from a vcr or other rca device
    >>>rather than the dv camera? i have looked thru all the available documentation
    >>>and i can't find anything
    >>>
    >>>many thanks well in advance
    >>>
    >>>MLH

    >>How about a video card with TV tuner?

    Oh, OK.

    Old Gringo, Jan 23, 2005
  5. Mother's Little Helper

    Tony Guest

    "Mother's Little Helper" <> wrote in message
    > anybody know how to get the card to accept video from a vcr or other rca
    > device
    > rather than the dv camera? i have looked thru all the available
    > documentation
    > and i can't find anything
    >
    > many thanks well in advance
    >
    > MLH

    From the capture tab, click on set-up then capture source. Click on the
    capture source tab of the pop up box and there will be a list of compatible
    sources in a drop down box for video. If it isn't listed there then it is
    not compatible with Pinnacle.

    Tony, Jan 23, 2005
  6. Mother's Little Helper

    jda^fx Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:36:30 GMT, Mother's Little Helper
    <> wrote:

    >anybody know how to get the card to accept video from a vcr or other rca device
    >rather than the dv camera? i have looked thru all the available documentation
    >and i can't find anything
    >
    >many thanks well in advance
    >
    >MLH

    Pinnacle Studio is made for DV mainly so the easyest might be to just
    use Virtual Dub http://www.virtualdub.org/ (freeware) to cabture your
    video to an .avi file and then import it to Pinnacle Studio afterwards

    juda^fx

    jda^fx, Jan 23, 2005
  7. why wouldn't it recognize the "blue box" that came with it?

    Mother's Little Helper, Jan 23, 2005
  8. well there is the small matter that virtualdub doesn't work with the
    pinnacle card

    Mother's Little Helper, Jan 23, 2005
  9. Mother's Little Helper

    Aquanaut Guest

    > well there is the small matter that virtualdub doesn't work with the
    > pinnacle card
    >

    > jda^fx <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:36:30 GMT, Mother's Little Helper
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>anybody know how to get the card to accept video from a vcr or other rca
    >>>device
    >>>rather than the dv camera? i have looked thru all the available
    >>>documentation
    >>>and i can't find anything
    >>>
    >>>many thanks well in advance
    >>>
    >>>MLH

    >>Pinnacle Studio is made for DV mainly so the easyest might be to just
    >>use Virtual Dub http://www.virtualdub.org/ (freeware) to cabture your
    >>video to an .avi file and then import it to Pinnacle Studio afterwards
    >>
    >>juda^fx

    yes it does---read the pinnacle manual on aquiring external sources(dv/vhs
    etc)
    virtual dub will work--just used it,again read manual on aquire external
    source/files.
    your problem is in config not in the card or software of either--never had
    both bits of software running at the same time tho,always used one to aquire
    then used said file in the other

    Aquanaut, Jan 23, 2005
  10. Mother's Little Helper

    Tony Guest

    Mother's Little Helper wrote:
    > why wouldn't it recognize the "blue box" that came with it?

    Must admit I had a similar problem when I first tried a Pinnacle
    adaptor. Have you checked to see if there are any software updates?

    I use a Winfast PVR now and it detects it automatically.

    Tony, Jan 23, 2005
  11. Mother's Little Helper

    B0B Guest

    Perhaps the driver for the card is not completely loaded or some other
    conflict is preventing "Pinnacle Studio Deluxe Analog" from showing on the
    capture source list. Look at device manager for video and see what is
    listed. I have both a AV/DV listing and an AV/DV overlay listing.

    Good luck,
    Bob

    B0B, Jan 23, 2005
  12. i have both the av/dv and av/dv overlay entries you mention
    but instead of the pinnacle studio deluxe analog
    i have a dc10plus entry which will not load becaus the
    driver(s) are supposedly corrupt, pinnacle doesn't have anything
    new and driverguide.com comes up with 1 that doesn't work
    either....any suggestions?

    Mother's Little Helper, Jan 24, 2005
  13. "Tony" <> wrote:

    >"Mother's Little Helper" <> wrote in message
    >> anybody know how to get the card to accept video from a vcr or other rca
    >> device
    >> rather than the dv camera? i have looked thru all the available
    >> documentation
    >> and i can't find anything
    >>
    >> many thanks well in advance
    >>
    >> MLH

    >From the capture tab, click on set-up then capture source. Click on the
    >capture source tab of the pop up box and there will be a list of compatible
    >sources in a drop down box for video. If it isn't listed there then it is
    >not compatible with Pinnacle.

    the studio dc10plus is there, for some reason it wont initialize,
    bob had said i should see one thing and i see the av/dv and av/dv overlay
    entries he mentioned but i see a dc10plus entry instead of what he says
    any ideas?

    Mother's Little Helper, Jan 24, 2005
  14. Mother's Little Helper

    B0B Guest

    The Pinnacle driver update area lists 5 separate hardware drivers. Each one
    is for a different version of the capture card. The "DC10Plus" is listed as
    being different from the "Studio Deluxe". If you really have a deluxe card
    then the DC10plus entry should not even appear. Note there are two
    different deluxe cards as well.

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppo..._id=7&product_id=577&product_name=&page_id=67

    There is also a utility for removing registry entries for fouled
    installations.

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docsuppo...id=7&product_id=577&product_name=&page_id=151

    Good luck,
    Bob

    B0B, Jan 24, 2005
  15. Mother's Little Helper

    JB Guest

    > the studio dc10plus is there, for some reason it wont initialize,
    > bob had said i should see one thing and i see the av/dv and av/dv overlay
    > entries he mentioned but i see a dc10plus entry instead of what he says
    > any ideas?

    I don't know if it's still true but Pinnacle used to lock the DC10Plus
    card's drivers so that they only worked in Pinnacle. Is this an upgrade
    from an earlier version of Studio?

    B0B, Jan 25, 2005
  17. followed your advice, its running great, one other question...is there a program
    that allows me to watch what's coming thru the pinnacle in full screen mode
    as tho i had a monitor hooked up to an a/v source? in other words full screen
    tv mode live not after i captured it

    MLH

    Mother's Little Helper, Jan 29, 2005