    Thanks in advance for any help
    Greetings
    Robert
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IGRlIFZyaWVz?=, Sep 21, 2005

  2. It HAS SP1 on it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Yes I know that! But the stupid software dont.
    So here is my question again.
    How can I make Pinnacle Studio 9 'think' to believe that everything it needs
    is allready availyble on xp x64?
    It simply stops installing after a message box that says it needs SP1
    installed on xp! But there is no xp! There is XP X64.
    I would like to install this software so that I can continue with my work.
    So I would like to fake SP1 on XP X64 with a registery key or by any other
    means!?!?
    Can anyone please help me with this matter?

    Thank you in advance.
    Robert

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IGRlIFZyaWVz?=, Sep 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IGRlIFZyaWVz?=

    Colin Nowell Guest

    I think you'll find that if you do a search for "Pinnacle" in this group,
    you will find that someone has already posted Pinnacle's response when
    questioned about their software compatibility with x64 and as it happens, it
    matches my own experience.

    When I sent an e-mail to Pinnacle, their reply was short and sweet. "Our
    software is not compatible with x64 Windows". So, I dropped it, installed
    the latest copy of Nero 6 and all its appendages and got on with life....

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Sep 21, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0IGRlIFZyaWVz?=

    Gato Loco Guest

    Serif software Has a program called Movie Plus 4 that works on x64.
    IMO it is a better video editing program than pinnacle too. It is
    reasonably inexpensive for what it is. Under $100.

    The only thing that hasn't worked for me is the video capture is
    funky. It breaks the capture into a bunch of pieces. I'm capturing
    from analog and it just doesn't work correctly. Fortunately I have
    found that capturing from Nero version 6.3.x.x.x.x <----Whatever
    works very well. Maybe the DV capture would work? I don't know.

    Nero saved ATI's ass on this one. So did Serif. I don't even bother
    using Premiere anymore because MP4 works so well.

    So If you are looking for a cost effective video editing solution,
    that's my 2 cents. I don't know about Premiere elements, but would be
    interested in hearing what people think about it.

    Gato Loco

    Gato Loco, Sep 29, 2005