    *******************

    Not the greatest news but at least they are working on them.
    John Long

    John Long, May 24, 2005

  2. Hmmmm. I've got an older Pinnacle card that would be perfect in this box,
    too.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 25, 2005

  3. John Long

    John Long Guest

    FYI,

    With my Pinnacle AV/DC capture card the DV (firewire) ports work with x64.
    The AV (analog inputs) are the section that does not work.
    I can then use Microsoft Movie Maker II until the rest gets working.

    John

    John Long, May 25, 2005
  4. John Long

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 11:35:05 -0600, "John Long" <>
    wrote:

    >With my Pinnacle AV/DC capture card the DV (firewire) ports work with x64.
    >The AV (analog inputs) are the section that does not work.

    Use the analog input of your camera then, to use it as a bridge.

    (another problem solved :) )

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, May 25, 2005
  5. John Long

    John Long Guest

    The camera does not have an AV input. But a good idea.
    I guess I could always dual boot and do the AV capture under Windows XP (32
    bit) and then edit under x64, but I would like to just get rid of the 32 bit
    OS (After all I traded it in for the 64 bit version).

    I want to use my VCR as the input device to capture old video's.

    John

    John Long, May 25, 2005
  6. John Long

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:14:28 -0600, "John Long" <>
    wrote:

    >The camera does not have an AV input. But a good idea.
    >I guess I could always dual boot and do the AV capture under Windows XP (32
    >bit) and then edit under x64, but I would like to just get rid of the 32 bit
    >OS (After all I traded it in for the 64 bit version).

    It has nothing to with 64-bit, but you could get one of the Canopus
    ADVC-xxx adapters, where you hook-up your analogue cables to a
    external box, which "converts" the video to digital and goes via
    firewire to your computer. And you don't need extra drivers for that,
    as x64 supports firewire.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, May 25, 2005
  7. John Long

    John Long Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    I already purchased the converter/capture card only it is internal.
    It has worked great for the two years I have had it.

    All I originally did was post a FYI that Pinnacle is working on 64 bit
    drivers for the AV hardware and now I'm getting suggestions to purchase
    different hardware.

    I agree that would be a solution for right now, (so is dual booting) but
    please remember the theme of this thread "FYI: Pinnacle is working on 64 bit
    drivers".

    I just wanted to share that info.
    And I appreciate everyone that has offered suggestions and help.

    Thanks again,

    John Long, May 25, 2005