    links to other places where it has been discussed.

    Thanks,
    David
    dh@., Jan 7, 2008

  2. dh@.

    redflag Guest

    dh@. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have gotten into what has become an insane disagreement with someone
    > I work with over whether or not using "pink"--actually magenta--gel in the
    > downstage wash makes people on stage look "gay". To me that thought
    > is never even going to enter most people's minds, and those whose mind
    > it does enter have a bit of a problem and are in the vast minority.
    >
    > Experience I've had using different type gels has taught me to like hot
    > magentas for warm washes instead of true reds, because reds are too
    > harsh and therefore pretty much for special effect rather than a good
    > standard warm wash color. I'm interested in any ideas on this, and any
    > links to other places where it has been discussed.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > David

    All colors are "gay". I suggest that you work exclusively in
    black and white.

    Wait a minute, if you do that everyone will think you're
    a racist. Never mind, forget the whole project; read a book.

    But if you do that others will think you're trying to be
    smarter than them.

    The world is a complicated place and by pleasing all men
    you please no one, least of all yourself.
    redflag, Jan 7, 2008

  3. dh@.

    Jim Guest

    <dh@.> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have gotten into what has become an insane disagreement with someone
    > I work with over whether or not using "pink"--actually magenta--gel in the
    > downstage wash makes people on stage look "gay". To me that thought
    > is never even going to enter most people's minds, and those whose mind
    > it does enter have a bit of a problem and are in the vast minority.
    >
    > Experience I've had using different type gels has taught me to like hot
    > magentas for warm washes instead of true reds, because reds are too
    > harsh and therefore pretty much for special effect rather than a good
    > standard warm wash color. I'm interested in any ideas on this, and any
    > links to other places where it has been discussed.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > David

    You'll never change the mind of a Biggot.
    Jim, Jan 8, 2008
  4. In article <nPsgj.60031$>,
    redflag <> wrote:
    >dh@. wrote:
    >> Hi,

    >> I have gotten into what has become an insane disagreement with someone
    >> I work with over whether or not using "pink"--actually magenta--gel in the
    >> downstage wash makes people on stage look "gay". To me that thought
    >> is never even going to enter most people's minds, and those whose mind
    >> it does enter have a bit of a problem and are in the vast minority.
    >>
    >> Experience I've had using different type gels has taught me to like hot
    >> magentas for warm washes instead of true reds, because reds are too
    >> harsh and therefore pretty much for special effect rather than a good
    >> standard warm wash color. I'm interested in any ideas on this, and any
    >> links to other places where it has been discussed.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> David

    >All colors are "gay". I suggest that you work exclusively in
    >black and white.

    Now there's a project for someone. A 'black' filter to when you
    use it the area that it is focused on becomes black [invisible].
    What a concept! :) You could make $100 for that !

    Bill
    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com
    Bill Vermillion, Jan 10, 2008