    deepclean the heads, and I've changed ink, but my prints still come out
    whith a pink stain.
    Anybody knows how to solve this problem?
    Kristian MLP, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Kristian MLP

    SteveJ Guest

    Try this it seems to work for me, but I use Canon Photo paper Pro or Photo
    Paper Plus Glossy, but
    Has anyone else found out that the Canon I9900 or other series of their
    printers print much better B&W prints when the paper selection is selected
    to plain paper, It seems to make the Black ink the only used cartage in this
    mode, no mixing colors to make B&W prints.

    SteveJ, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Kristian MLP

    Stacey Guest

    Kristian MLP wrote:

    > I get pink prints when I'm printing grayscale. I have tried to
    > deepclean the heads, and I've changed ink, but my prints still come out
    > whith a pink stain.
    > Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

    First try printing using the canon supplied "easy print" software, this
    bypasses the printer driver totally (that's what canon told me) and any
    driver settings you may have changed. If it still prints pinkish (mine did,
    even after swapping it for another printer although the second one wasn't
    as pinkish) you probably need a custom printer profile. I got one from the
    below site using ilfords classic pearl paper and an REAL happy with the
    results.

    http://www.cathysprofiles.com/

    You'll probably want to read up on digital color managment, Tim Grey has a
    great book titled "color confidence" , a used version is cheap. Easy to
    understand and explains about how the human eye works with colors as well.

    ww.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782143164/qid=1123550036/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_sbs_1/103-4867857-4008632?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

    and here's a PDF explaining how to work with profiles with a canon printer.

    http://homepage.mac.com/renard/ls/Canon_ICC_Profile_Guide.pdf

    Hope this helps.

    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Kristian MLP

    Stacey Guest

    SteveJ wrote:

    > Try this it seems to work for me, but I use Canon Photo paper Pro or Photo
    > Paper Plus Glossy, but
    > Has anyone else found out that the Canon I9900 or other series of their
    > printers print much better B&W prints when the paper selection is selected
    > to plain paper, It seems to make the Black ink the only used cartage in
    > this mode, no mixing colors to make B&W prints.

    With plain paper setting this printer only uses 4 of the 8 inks (that's what
    canon told me) so color management issues aren't as critical. Color casts
    with B&W prints are a sign that the printer profile doesn't match your
    specific printer (the sample on your desk). They would like us to believe
    they have the quality control so tight this is never an issue when in fact
    it is. I went through 2 i9900 printers trying to solve a magenta cast issue
    and one was MUCH worse than the other but both print slightly magenta with
    the supplied profiles. I think canon shifts their canned profile to slight
    magenta to make sure these printers never print "green" skin tones to cover
    the production tolerances any manufactured device is going to have. The
    only real solution is a custom profile which REALLY increases the
    performance of these printers. It's well worth the $40 Cathy charges for
    her profile.
    --

    Stacey
    Stacey, Aug 9, 2005