Pink Panther movies - any differences in individual releases vs. 6-DVD Film Collection?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by David, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Before posting this I searched DVD-Basen, Amazon, and various DVD
    review sites looking for any technical information on the various Pink
    Panther movies released as separate DVDs on January 31st, and I found
    nothing. Sadly Amazon seems to have dropped most of their useful
    details about various DVDs a while ago, and user comments for various
    editions of the same movie seem to be mixed together.

    Does anyone know if each of the separate Pink Panther DVDs have the
    exact same transfers and content as the DVDs found in the previously
    released 6-DVD Pink Panther Film Collection (minus the 6th bonus disc
    of course)?

    I read the back of the cases for the separate releases and absolutely
    no extras were listed, but in the Pin Panther Film Collection there
    are various extras such as a commentary on The Pink Panther. Did MGM
    drop all the extras or just not mention them on the new cases? I
    assume the movies are the same transfers on DVD-9 format discs?

    Also, can anyone comment on the transfer quality and extras on the 2
    never-before released movies (Curse of and Son of the Pink Panther)?
    Are they DVD-5 or DVD-9 format?

    Please post any replies. Thanks.
    David, Feb 3, 2006