    Anyone have the scoop on this????

    Remove original MPAA ratings to reply.

    Jim
    J.P., Jan 14, 2004

  2. J.P.

    Meng Guest

    > DVD Savant had an announcement today about the Pink Panther
    > collection.
    > Six DVDs, terrific.
    > But, but, but, I don't understand. . .
    > "Return of the Pink Panther", easily the third and possibly the second
    > best film of the series, is NOT included. I checked several sites, I
    > checked several areas. . . but no, no "Return."
    > Anyone have the scoop on this????

    I read somewhere it's a copyright issue - whoever released the box set in
    the UK and the USA don't have the rights to "Return". Damn shame.

    "Say No To Trolls" - button badge in "Whoops Apocalypse The Movie"
    Meng, Jan 14, 2004

  3. J.P.

    Shane Guest

    Artisan has the rights for Return of the Pink Panther not MGM.

    Shane, Jan 14, 2004
  4. J.P. wrote:

    > DVD Savant had an announcement today about the Pink Panther
    > collection.
    > Six DVDs, terrific.
    > But, but, but, I don't understand. . .
    > "Return of the Pink Panther", easily the third and possibly the second
    > best film of the series, is NOT included. I checked several sites, I
    > checked several areas. . . but no, no "Return."
    > Anyone have the scoop on this????

    Rights problems--
    And nowhere *near* an outrage as the fact that the Cartoons are denied
    their own collection, and reduced to an incidental extra on the Bonus disk.

    Derek Janssen (looks like that one MGM quickie from four years ago will
    have to do)
    Derek Janssen, Jan 14, 2004
  5. J.P.

    Larry Gold Guest

    its owned by a different company, bloody stupid, as the company would make a
    lot of money out of it.
    Also on one of the docs on there, they have cut out all ref to it, But in a
    doc on there which was made years back they mention it all the time.
    bit of a cock-up
    But you can buy it on W/S on R1

    --
    Larry.gold