    --
    teleportation kills
    http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography

    android, Jun 8, 2014

  2. android

    PeterN Guest

    On 6/8/2014 4:36 AM, android wrote:
    > Last week I found that I had an used mackerel can an unused M bodycap. I
    > had to make lens! Of the pinhole kind of course....
    >
    > I used a guide by Salvatore Cincotta http://tinyurl.com/qbsepvb as a
    > base for this work and the lens and a sample picture can be seen here:
    > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7z9h885x9wmsbum/AABcQfMjS_ELmquWUBwUjXkfa
    > This is also found at the site in my sig.
    >
    > I did some extra sanding of the pinhole before the sample picture was
    > taken. A custom profile in Capture One Pro removed most of the colorcast.
    >
    > The lens speed is about 1:32.
    >
    > Enjoy!

    Neat. One of my friends drilled a hole in a Nikon body cap and gave it
    to me. I haven't used it yet.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Jun 10, 2014

  3. android

    android Guest

    In article <>,
    PeterN <> wrote:

    > On 6/8/2014 4:36 AM, android wrote:
    > > Last week I found that I had an used mackerel can an unused M bodycap. I
    > > had to make lens! Of the pinhole kind of course....
    > >
    > > I used a guide by Salvatore Cincotta http://tinyurl.com/qbsepvb as a
    > > base for this work and the lens and a sample picture can be seen here:
    > > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7z9h885x9wmsbum/AABcQfMjS_ELmquWUBwUjXkfa
    > > This is also found at the site in my sig.
    > >
    > > I did some extra sanding of the pinhole before the sample picture was
    > > taken. A custom profile in Capture One Pro removed most of the colorcast.
    > >
    > > The lens speed is about 1:32.
    > >
    > > Enjoy!
    > >

    > Neat. One of my friends drilled a hole in a Nikon body cap and gave it
    > to me. I haven't used it yet.

    You need better than a hole drilled in a plastic cap... I tried that as
    a teen on my OM-1. The Chinese friend don't do the M yet so I had to do
    it myself. Took a couple of hours out of my life and I got to feel young
    again! ;-)

    android, Jun 10, 2014
  4. android

    PeterN Guest

    On 6/10/2014 12:09 AM, android wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > PeterN <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 6/8/2014 4:36 AM, android wrote:
    >>> Last week I found that I had an used mackerel can an unused M bodycap. I
    >>> had to make lens! Of the pinhole kind of course....
    >>>
    >>> I used a guide by Salvatore Cincotta http://tinyurl.com/qbsepvb as a
    >>> base for this work and the lens and a sample picture can be seen here:
    >>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7z9h885x9wmsbum/AABcQfMjS_ELmquWUBwUjXkfa
    >>> This is also found at the site in my sig.
    >>>
    >>> I did some extra sanding of the pinhole before the sample picture was
    >>> taken. A custom profile in Capture One Pro removed most of the colorcast.
    >>>
    >>> The lens speed is about 1:32.
    >>>
    >>> Enjoy!
    >>>

    >> Neat. One of my friends drilled a hole in a Nikon body cap and gave it
    >> to me. I haven't used it yet.

    > You need better than a hole drilled in a plastic cap... I tried that as
    > a teen on my OM-1. The Chinese friend don't do the M yet so I had to do
    > it myself. Took a couple of hours out of my life and I got to feel young
    > again! ;-)

    The hole drilled by my friend produced a nice soft image on his D600.
    Though IIRC it was about a 2 minute exposure. I don't recall what ISO he
    was using.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Jun 10, 2014