    any ideas please?

    thanks

    Gary

    Grrr, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Grrr

    Harrison Guest

    Contact the seller and ask for support.

    You may also want to read this.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/appcompat.asp

    Harrison, Sep 29, 2003

  3. "Grrr" <gary.elam(nonospuchingspam)@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > evening all
    >
    > I have brought a game for my child to play,it is a bbc game called
    > pingu,every time we try to play it i get a massage saying"this program
    > requires at least 3mb of free virtual memory to run"
    > I am running xp home,768 mb of ram,amd xp2000 processor.I am

    stumped(or
    > stoopid)
    >
    > first game that hasn't played on my pc.
    >
    > any ideas please?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Gary

    How much harddrive space is free ?

    Steven Pilbeam, Sep 29, 2003
  4. On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:54:23 +0100, "Grrr"
    <gary.elam(nonospuchingspam)@virgin.net> wrote:

    >evening all
    >
    >I have brought a game for my child to play,it is a bbc game called
    >pingu,every time we try to play it i get a massage

    That's the sort of game I would like!

    --
    Paulie

    Pauline Johnson, Sep 30, 2003
  5. Grrr

    Alfie [UK] Guest

    Some time on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:54:23 +0100, "Grrr"
    <gary.elam(nonospuchingspam)@virgin.net> posted that:

    >evening all
    >
    >I have brought a game for my child to play,it is a bbc game called
    >pingu,every time we try to play it i get a massage saying"this program
    >requires at least 3mb of free virtual memory to run"
    >I am running xp home,768 mb of ram,amd xp2000 processor.I am stumped(or
    >stoopid)
    >
    >first game that hasn't played on my pc.
    >
    >any ideas please?

    As Harrison mentions in their reply it is most likely compatibility mode
    issues.

    BBC have been selling some older CD-ROM software, particularly
    children's games, that are designed for Win95 and do not run well in
    compatibility mode (on Win2K), mostly failing to run with memory errors
    or appearing to run but without sound and/or graphics.

    My girlfriend's niece had some CD-ROMs bought for her from BBC and they
    are going back as they are for Win95, and the distributors aren't around
    any more or don't support them.

    If messing about with the compatibility settings
    (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/appcompat.asp)
    fails to work then send it back to BBC.

    --
    Alfie
    <http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

    Alfie [UK], Sep 30, 2003
  6. Grrr

    Grrr Guest

    Alfie [UK] wrote:
    :: Some time on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:54:23 +0100, "Grrr"
    :: <gary.elam(nonospuchingspam)@virgin.net> posted that:
    ::
    ::: evening all
    :::
[...]
    thanks for the replies.I did get it to work last night after changing the
    disc quota settings,today it will not work,also tried running in 95/98/me
    mode,still no joy.the box does say for xp,oh well i will read him a good
    book instead....:)

    Grrr, Sep 30, 2003