Pinging 1394 cable system from Network bridge

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Ravichandran, May 13, 2008.

  1. Ravichandran

    Ravichandran Guest

    I need to make network bridge with 1394 and LAN adapter PC-B

    Traffic flows between A to B on Ethernet and traffic between B to C goes on
    1394 interface (Firewire)

    PC-A contain Ethernet card only.

    PC-B contains both Ethernet card & 1394 interface card.

    PC-C contains 1394 interface card only.

    I am able to ping either PC-A to B (Ethernet card)

    I am able to ping either PC-B to C (1394 interface)

    I am unable to ping either from B to C (1394 interface) or vice versa after
    making the network bridge.

    Do I need to make any changes in Network Bridge after creating it.

    I have already installed 1394 drivers in PC-C, because 1394 net adapter is
    not enabled in Device manager.

    Network Bridge display under the Network adapters as “MAC miniport†in
    device manager.

    1394 and Ethernet adapter also displaying in device manager under the
    Network adapters

    OS: Windows XP with SP2.

    Firewall: Off mode.
    Ravichandran, May 13, 2008

  2. This is a newsgroup for 64-bit, which I don't believe you're running. But
    I've got some experience with bridging to 1394, and the problem is that the
    default mode won't bridge. You need to enable promiscuous mode for the 1394
    adapter. Do a google and you should find it. Key word is "promiscuous",
    search on site:microsoft.com

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 13, 2008

  3. Ravichandran

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    I had reason to check this recently:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302348/

    Tom Ferguson, May 13, 2008
  4. Ravichandran

    Ravichandran Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks.
    The ethernet and 1394 adapter are enabled for "compactmode".

    Ravichandran, May 13, 2008